Senior Data Scientist, Open to flexible working
Are you looking for a challenging opportunity that allows you to leverage your expertise to design and embed data standards across all data workflows in Product Development and Supply (PDS)? If so, this 'Data Investigator' role in Analytical Platforms and Platform Modernization, will be an exciting opportunity for you to explore.
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery of strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. We want to attract, retain and motivate the very best people to support our business now and in the future. To do this, we take our responsibility as a modern employer seriously and we want to make sure that everyone is empowered to be themselves, feel good, and keep growing at GSK.
Product Development and Supply (PDS) is a highly experienced Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) organization accountable for delivering robust, cost effective and competitive products and manufacturing processes spanning the full life cycle of asset development from Discovery through Commercialization. These activities are delivered through state-of-the-art internal facilities as well as strategic external partners. Collectively, the team is accountable for CMC activities encompassing many aspects of small molecule and large molecule development through regulatory filing and support in manufacturing. We also pioneer innovative technologies to improve robustness, reduce cost of goods, and improve the patient experience.
As a data Investigator in Analytical Platforms and Platform Modernization, you will be a member of a highly skilled team of scientists responsible for the exploration, evaluation, and implementation of state-of-the art technologies to support pharmaceutical process development and manufacturing workflows. You will work in cross-functional teams to maintain and improve global data standards ensuring standard innovation, compliance and strategic alignment for data from scientific workflows.
This role ensures data standards, data management, data usability, and data visualization are of top industry and scientific quality.
Your responsibilities will cover the following:
- Work in cross-functional teams and working groups to manage and improve the global data standards used across PDS scientific workflows.
- Work in cross-functional teams and working groups to define, manage, and improve the global data visualization tools used across PDS scientific workflows.
- Work in cross-functional teams and working groups to define, manage, and improve data flows used across PDS scientific workflows.
- Ensure strategic alignment acting as a primary point of contact for data standards within the PDS organization.
- Work as an analytical representative across analytical groups to ensure harmonization of data collection and retention. -
- Act as a member of the Data Standards related teams in PDS
- Contribute to data and metadata standards governance process such as SOPs and Work Instructions (WIs).
- May liaise with technique SMEs to understand data workflows and implement new data processes and training -
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- University Degree - Master's or equivalent experience in Pharmaceutics, Biology, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Computer Sciences or related scientific discipline with 5-7 years of similar experience
- Experience required to deliver the implementation, update and enforcement of data standards in-line with current expectations
- Experience required to challenge and improve the processes around data standards.
- Good communication and presentation skills, ability to facilitate interfaces within extended network, proven experience in negotiating and influencing at different levels of the organization in a matrix environment.
- Experienced in leading improvement initiatives from inception through to completion involving both multi-disciplinary and geographically remote partners.
- Strong matrix leadership skills.
- Experienced in Data Management.
- Experienced in Data Visualization
- Good computer skills.
- Good understanding of regulations including ICH, and Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
If you have the following characteristics it would be a plus:
- Basic understanding of computer coding
- Ability to apply knowledge to manage complex processes and systems in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Attention to detail, conscientious and accurate.
- Good organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Good analytical skills with understanding of common analytical techniques
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations , it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.