Senior Manager, Vaccines Value Evidence/Health Outcomes (RSV Older Adults), Open to flexible working
As part of the R&D organisation, the Vaccines Value Evidence team drives the identification, strategic planning and development of the value evidence requirements from early to late development and lifecycle management. The VE Senior Manager is responsible for executing the Global Value Evidence Generation and project work for assets from commit to phase III (C2PIII) all the way to life cycle management) to which matrix leadership are deployed.
This role is essential to ensure that the vaccine program is supported by scientifically credible, high quality evidence that drives competitiveness and strong evidence-based product positioning, value propositions and value-based pricing. The role is critical to deliver the set of value evidences meeting the evidentiary needs of customers responsible for marketing authorization, recommendation (e.g. National Immunization Technical Advisory Groups - NITAGs) and reimbursement leading to successful patient access, product use and commercial success.
This role requires close collaboration with a cross-functional matrix team drawn from global platforms to develop the options for evidence generation requiring a strong ability to develop complex matrix relationships and interdependencies. This position also facilitates alignment and visibility to the activities conducted globally, regionally and locally.
- Ensure alignment and coordination across VEO (Real World Analytics, Patient Centric Outcomes) and other R&D platforms (epidemiology, statistics, medical affairs, regional and LOC health outcomes and market access) to deliver the identification of strategic options, planning and execution of VE activities which fall under the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) and Work Package 6 of the Integrated Asset Plan.
- Partner with a complex set of global, regional and local internal stakeholders including Value Evidence Lead, Vaccine Development Leads, Global Vaccine Commercial Leads, Epidemiology and Clinical Scientists, global and local Medical Affairs, local Market Access etc. and ensure appropriate representation at project governance level (VDT, SEAS).
- Deliver Value Evidence and Outcome materials to inform internal governance decision making (Research, Development and LCM Boards, Vaccines Investment Board, Forecast Review Committee) and support the regions and priority LOCs on recommendation and reimbursement activities.
- Lead scientific robust value evidence studies (e.g. cost-of-illness, resource utilization, utility and quality of life assessments, Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs), Real World Evidence (RWE), economic and public health impact modelling, indirect study comparisons, etc) ensuring scientific robustness and compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
- Partner with the VEO Patient Centric Outcomes and VEO Real World Analytics teams to ensure the operational delivery of Patient Reported Outcomes (PROs) and Real World Evidences (RWE) aligned with the Target vaccine Profile expectations.
- Support in annual EPE and IPE forecasting and activity prioritization while effectively managing projects and budgets for Human Subject Research (HSR) and non-HSR activities.
- Develop and maintain excellent network contacts with professional societies and Health Economics and Public Health experts/thought leaders to keep abreast on the concerned disease area and bring GSK's perspective to significant developments in the field .
- Integrate excellent understanding of the relevant National Immunization Technical Advisory Groups (NITAG), Health Technology Assessment, policy decision maker and payer environment, including recommendation, reimbursement, pricing, and access for the concerned disease area.
- Masters degree or higher in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
- Significant experience (3-8 years) in health economics, health outcomes, market access or an aligned discipline/function in a consulting, pharmaceutical industry or academic environment.
- Experience in negotiating with payers and/or public health authorities leading to successful recommendations and reimbursement in multiple markets preferably in the vaccines field.
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Above country experience and Effective partnership in cross-functional teams to deliver an integrated plan, driving consensus decision making.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills
- Fluent in English
- Authored publications in infectious diseases and/or vaccines value evidence discipline.
- Higher business or management qualification
- Knowledge of any other languages
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture. These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork in a culture of Innovation, Performance and Trust.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.