Global Media Manager, Open to flexible working
Do you have a real passion and flair for connections planning, and within this, media planning? We are recruiting for a Global Media Manager to ensure Diageo combines content and context brilliantly every time, to connect with consumers globally.
This unique role sits within Diageo’s global media team, in Global Marketing. Diageo is a young company born from an incredible entrepreneurial legacy. The success of Guinness, Smirnoff, Johnnie Walker, Tanqueray and many more, over hundreds of years, led to the formation of our company in 1997. Today our team acts with the same spirit and determination. Our culture is dynamic and collaborative. We act as enablers for our business, building Diageo’s media expertise and best practices, whilst upholding Diageo’s reputational standards on every single market’s media plans.
You will focus your time on connections planning and growing Diageo’s media capability, partnering with our global brand teams, markets and their agencies, delivering high quality planning through others.
We are looking for someone who is always ready to roll-up sleeves to get things done, someone with collaborative influence to lead through others and bring out the best in partners. Someone who takes a personal accountability for their own delivery and driving change across our organization.
- Management of Connections Planning: Taking direction from the Head of Connections Planning, you will ensure we do what it takes to deliver excellent connections planning every time, bringing creative and media together seamlessly, alongside all other touchpoints. Managing our agency relationships and the day-to-day quality of our planning output.
- Tech Enablement: Lead the evolution of our connections planning tech platform, ensuring it is used to consistently drive best practice.
- Build up capabilities: Increase our connections planning / media planning expertise across marketing, globally. Working with markets to identify learning opportunities that can scale globally.
- Media Owner JBPs: Manage the day to day of key media owner JBPs, working alongside procurement, legal and marketing stakeholders.
- Impactful Opportunities: Act as a holistic media expert, focussing your time where you can make the biggest impact and spotting new opportunities to drive business growth.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- Passion & Flair for Connections Planning / Media Planning: Know what great connections planning looks like, backed by a passion that outweighs your number of years working in media (minimum 5 years of media experience).
- Consumer orientated planning: A real understand of how to improve consumer experience using privacy-first data and insights
- March Tech: Hands on expertise working with mar tech
- Global / CPG experience: Ability to expertly navigate a large CPG business model. A strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment
- Curiosity: Constantly curious with an eye on the future to ensure Diageo is always at forefront of change. Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working.
- Proven delivery: High energy and ambition to deliver high standards