Business Designer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
This exciting role will initially be focused primarily on supporting Financial Crime, but we're looking for someone with the potential to grow into the role and, in time, cover Fraud.
Job Title: Business Designer
Location: London wall (City of London (near Bank/ Moorgate /Barbican/ St Pauls) Or Chiswell street office
We offer flexible work schedules for this role, for example compressed hours or alternative start and finish times. Please note Post Covid our team will be looking to return to the office as this is driven by our collaborative work and stakeholder engagement.
We're on a journey to build the bank of the future, and we need your help. We're continuing our extensive transformation Programme, with an investment of £3bn, redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Become part of our diverse team, and you'll experience a rare opportunity to impact the lives of more than 26 million customers through brands including Lloyds Bank, Halifax, Bank of Scotland, and Scottish Widows. We need people who can make this transformation a reality.
We're known as the Fraud and Financial Crime Prevention team, an exciting lab that works with all parts of the bank. As the bank transforms it will be increasingly important for the business, technology, and design to take a holistic view across Fraud and Financial security - especially as we move towards a Bank of the Future encouraged future state.
About the role
This exciting role will initially be focused primarily on supporting Financial Crime, but we're looking for someone with the potential to grow into the role and, in time, cover Fraud. You'll develop and drive the business architecture strategy for our team, based on situational awareness of various business scenarios and motivations. Together, we'll develop a roadmap/transition state view, building towards the delivery of Fraud protection and Crime Prevention strategy.
You'll apply a structured business architecture approach and methodology for collecting the key views and assemble the tactical and strategic goals that provide traceability and are mapped to metrics to keep an eye on progress.
What we need from you
- Whilst we appreciate that not everyone will have all the following skills, we're specifically looking for:
- Significant experience in business architecture and designing skills with a hands-on practical approach.
- Strong interpersonal skills with excellent relationship building experience with senior stakeholders, and an ability to lead discussions using a strong consultative approach.
- Experience at leading, influencing and building positive relationships and managing stakeholders at all levels of an organisation to drive and shape decision making.
Additionally, you'll be proficient in End 2 End Design Integrity; using Design-led approaches and experience in applying architectural principles to business solutions. An understanding of using model-based representations for collecting complex information and making it simple; and be able to visualise and develop high level models that will support future analysis and the business vision.
- Innovative new way of approaching problems; highly motivated, proactive, and driven to achieve individual and collective goals and continuous improvement.
- You're credible in front of senior audiences, providing healthy challenge where appropriate able to apply strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to efficiently communicate ideas, issues, and implications to both senior, technical, and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with tools such as Business model canvas, value propositions canvas, capability definition/mapping, operating models, customer journey maps/service. blueprinting (supports), product road mapping.
- Subject matter knowledge of Financial Crime (and Fraud) in financial services, Banking or FinTech industry is beneficial, but not essential.
What you'll get from the role
You won't do this alone - you'll have support from the team working closely with the Product Owner and Engineering Lead and working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team of designers, product owners and engineers. We'd like you to use your knowledge and experience to help others succeed through mentoring and by sharing knowledge.
You'll be an active member of our design community specifically to share knowledge, build ideas, and embed principles of design across a range of product, service, and customer journeys. This will impact the whole organisation, so organisational engagement is key. We pride ourselves on being hard-working, outcome-focussed, and passionate about making a difference. We deeply value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer, providing flexible working, as well as equipping colleagues with skills and opportunities. We also have a lot of fun.
We'll also give you a comprehensive package that includes:
- £75,680 - £94,600 base salary
- 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash sum)
- Generous employer pension contribution up to 15%
- 30 days holiday entitlement plus bank holidays
- Discretionary variable annual performance bonus and private medical health cover, share schemes and access to staff discounts!
Together we'll make a difference. At LBG, we're invested in your continual development. That's why we've fostered a collaborative learning environment that supports your career goals and encourages knowledge-sharing. We'll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Does this sound like a great fit? If so, we look forward to hearing from you!