Finance Reporting Manager, Open to flexible working
Are you an experienced Finance Manager looking for a new, exciting business critical opportunity? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role for a Finance Reporting Manager on a full-time permanent basis.
As the Finance Reporting Manager you will be reporting to the Head of Consolidation, Management Reporting & Financial reporting transformation and will support the commercial ambition of GSK by leading delivery of robust, high quality financial reporting for Consumer Healthcare worldwide segment which fulfils all internal , as well as support to the JV External Reporting team.
- Drive preparation of high-quality financial reporting for regions / functions under scope of responsibilities
- Understand and drive business performance for the regions / functions (inc. head office teams)
- Present on a monthly basis financial results to CH Senior Leadership teams and GSK Corporate Finance team, as well as outcomes of one-off or annual or quarterly projects such as Price Value analysis to various senior financial management and the Group's external auditors.
- Liaise with the Group's external auditors and internal compliance teams in relation to the operation of controls associated with the preparation of the financial reporting for the segment
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage all financial reporting activities for Consumer Healthcare division
- Lead the delivery of consolidated management accounts (actuals vs budget and forecasts) to the VP & CFO in signing off on income statement and balance sheet on monthly and quarterly basis, taking full responsibility and ownership of the process providing insightful commentary on the Consumer Healthcare division
- Produce all actuals reporting to the agreed timetable and to a high degree of accuracy. Provide finance partnering to regional and functional teams to ensure that finance teams understand, adhere to the timetable, and provide commentary to support business performance
- Collate and add commentaries to standard management reports based on in-depth knowledge of the business and provide rigor and challenge where appropriate
- Prepare quarterly margin commentary and analysis insights explaining OP and gross margin growth
- Manage submissions to Corporate Finance and review based on knowledge of the business
- Manage corporate quarterly reviews (e.g. price volume submissions)
- Execute simplification projects and implementation of best practices working closely with other regional and financial groups within GSK including representing CH within such groups
- Delivery of Cx external audit submissions
- Provide technical advice on accounting matters to local market teams
- Support the JV team for their external reporting requirements
What are we looking for?
- Fully qualified ACA (or CA/ACCA/CIMA internationally recognized qualification)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a related field
- External Audit experience
- Extensive financial reporting and analysis experience
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- In depth understanding of financial reporting requirements / current accounting standards (IFRS)
- Experience including multi-national group consolidations as well as experience and appreciation of the culture of very large organisations would be advantageous
- Organisational skills, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Influencing and building relationships: The role involves interaction with many parties who are not directly linked to reporting lines to and from this role, so therefore good relationship building and influencing skills are important to be successful in this role
- Communication for results: The role prepares information for external and internal 'customers' including the most senior people in finance in GSK and as such flexible communication skills are required to present information depending on the customers' specific needs and focus
- A high degree of ownership and ability to drive processes and projects: Initiate and assist in improvements to reporting processes and challenge existing accounting treatments and reporting processes, in order to improve quality of reported information. The role is responsible to drive projects and annual processes using resources available in GSK.
- Accuracy / attention to detail / integrity in producing results is essential while at the same time maintaining a big picture and proportion and an awareness of what consequences the results have
- Identifying the need for and responding quickly to change.
We are open to global locations; some working hour flexibility will be required if not operating on UK/European time zones.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 3rd August 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.