Global Vaccines Commercial - Finance Partner (Temporary), Open to flexible working
This role is a temporary contract of 12months due to start around August/September 2021.
Are you energized by a highly visible finance role that allows you to build partnerships with the business, help influence senior stakeholders and shape the strategic business plan? If so, this role could be an excellent opportunity to explore.
The Global Vaccines Commercial Finance Partner, in support of the Finance Director & Controller for Global Vaccines Commercial Finance, completes analysis, makes recommendations and drives insights to inform decision making for Global Vaccines Commercial.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following...
- Analyze actual Commercial Sales and P&L vs financial Plan and provide insights to senior leaders on drivers of variance vs plan and last year
- Review and analyze regional sales plans with focus on key variances or drivers of growth by market, region and brand. Review and analyze regional SG&A forecasts and provide insights on potential over or under allocation of resources by market/region
- Generate global view of regional risks and opportunities to plans based on insights from regional and global financial teams/review, as well as Core Commercial Cycle data (global supply allocations versus financial plans)
- Support of the FD & Controller in reviews with Pharma regions on financial results and plans during Region Pre-MPRs, Update 2 and Plan reviews.
- Write draft press release and draft content of financial chapter of Investor Relations materials for CET, as well as coordinate and consolidate input for commercial and R&D chapters
- Generate proposed Green Table (prioritization of brand/markets) in conjunction with Global Vaccines Commercial
- Support the FD & Controller in aligning financial and CCC forecasts and ongoing tracking of risks and opportunities for presentation at global S&OP
- Propose regional plan targets to SVP Finance Vaccines & Pharma plus SVP Global Vaccines Commercial with support from FD & Controller
- Analyze potential profit impact of Long Range Forecast
- Partner with Global Vaccines Commercial to manage the A&P budget and oversee the structure budget for the function. Support FD & Controller in plan reviews for Global Vaccines Commercial.
- Support and back up the regional finance heads, potentially taking on some regional responsibilities as agreed with FD & Controller
- Support the FD & Controller in ad-hoc projects as appropriate.
- Building partnerships and strong relationships with all senior managers and their teams and providing financial support to commercial decision making
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Degree in Economics, Business or Financial qualification
- Demonstrated advanced financial knowledge of accounting, model analysis, evaluation, forecasting and strategic planning
- Evidence of working within a complex non-finance matrix team
- Good knowledge of Commercial Finance standards, systems and processes.
- Fluency in English
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Internationally recognized MBA or Finance qualification or through strong senior level experience
- Finance experience related to Core Commercial Cycle, Manufacturing (especially vaccines) and commercial preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence and lead discussions with Senior Leaders
- Effective options analysis, scenario planning and decision making
- Evidence of working within a complex non-finance matrix team
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making - using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
GSK Vaccines- Our Vaccines business is one of the largest in the world, developing, producing and distributing over 2.5 million vaccines every day to people across 170 countries.
The Finance Department is committed to make the most efficient use of all our financial resources. In addition to ensuring that, accounting practices support each department's specific needs. The team also makes sure that we remain fully compliant with public sector financial requirements. The department is also responsible for infrastructural logistics and the day-to-day running of site facilities.
If you have a disability and require assistance during the course of the selection process, you will have the opportunity to let us know what specific assistance you require in order to make suitable arrangements.
Our goal is to be one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies. We believe that we all bring something unique to GSK and when we combine our knowledge, experiences and styles together, the impact is incredible. Come join our adventure at GSK where you will be inspired to do your best work for our patients and consumers. A place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.