Part time Financial Controller
3 days left
- Contract Type
- Contract - interim/fixed term
Technology, Central London, Financial controller, part time
Our client, an SME in the technology sector are seeking a high calibre Financial Controller to cover a period of maternity leave. The Financial Controller will be responsible for all day-to-day financial and operational management. The role will be responsible for all accounts preparation including maintenance of accounts payable/accounts receivable, credit control, cash management and payment. Ensuring that sound financial systems and controls are maintained and providing timelly and accurate reporting to the Senior Management Team to support financial decision making are paramount.
- Manage all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the company.
- Maintain and ensure accurate and timely data entry to the Xero online accounting and financial information system
- Manage relationship with our payroll agency and ensure payroll information is kept up to date and accurate, and all staff are paid the correct amount, with correct tax and other deductions.
- Manage relationship with HMRC in all routine matters relating to Corporation Tax, VAT and PAYE, and ensure that all relevant reports, returns and other documentation required by HMRC are prepared, maintained and submitted correctly and on time
- Ensure group’s monthly and annual reporting is accurate and on time in line with internal & external requirements.
- Maintain annual business plan. Prepare forecasting & manage cash flow to ensure liquidity, minimize risk and ensure business is able to deliver strategic plan.
- Ensure effective internal controls are in place across the business and ensure compliance with regulatory laws, financial and tax reporting in all territories.
- Assist in the development of insights and KPIs that will allow the company to work towards its long-term strategic financial objectives and ways to enhance financial performance.
Skills & Attributes
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of 5 years post qualification experience.
- Should ideally have media industry, tech or data sector experience.
- A strong technical accountant with passion for well-organized administration, process discipline, controls, training and best practice in finance.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels. Able to gain support and respect for proposals across organisational boundaries and to create and develop positive business relationships.
- Commercially minded finance professional with an intuitive grasp of business economics and commercial strategy.
- Exceptional financial analysis and data interpretation skills, both for new opportunity/deal evaluations, and measurement of operational performance.
- Experience using Xero accounting software would be a benefit.
- Experience of Series A/B funding process would be advantageous.
This a fabulous opportunity to be part of a growing company in a stand alone finance role on a part time basis.
Must be able to start by the end of March.
- Flexibility - 3-4 days a week (12 month contract)
- Location - Central London
- Salary - up to £70K FTE