Temporary Credit Controller, part time 14 hours per week with some homeworking
The Minster Centre is a registered charity based in Queens Park, London that trains Integrative psychotherapists and counsellors. Our courses are accredited by the UK Council for Psychotherapy, the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy, and validated by Middlesex University. The Minster Centre also provides a psychotherapy and counselling service to the local community.
We are looking to hire a Temporary Credit Controller, for 2 months in the first instance, to help us recover overdue fees. The role is part time up to 14 hours per week; flexible hours and an immediate start desired. On a PAYE basis, the rate of pay will be £14/hour. This role can be undertaken from our offices in Queens Park London NW6, or working from home.
To work closely with our Finance Assistant to ensure prompt collection of debt.
- Monitoring accounts for non-payments, delayed payments, and other irregularities
- Make contact with debtors to secure payment
- Process payments
- Investigate, communicate to management team and resolve queries and disputed invoices.
- Produce debt reminders
- Record all contacts and progress on securing payment
- Work with external debt collection agency where required
- Produce reports in a timely and accurate manner
- Develop and produce internal documentation around all processes within the team, to ensure continuous improvement
- Support process improvement projects within team
The successful candidate must have:
- Good communication skills on phone and email
- Capable of being clear and firm
- Accurate and systematic
- Treats others with respect and acts with integrity
- Quick learner
- Good Excel and Word skills
- Able to work independently
- Can use own initiative but also ready to escalate appropriately
- Team player
- Immediately available
- Some previous experience of Credit Control and use of Sage would be desirable but not essential
Please send your CV and a statement about why you are suitable for the role. We will appoint as soon as we have a suitable candidate so, please send your application at the earliest opportunity. If you do not hear back from us, it means unfortunately on this occasion you will not have been shortlisted.