Finance Manager - Corporate Accountant, Open to flexible working
Are you an experienced Accountant looking for a new, exciting business critical opportunity? If so, read on...
GSK have a new role for a Finance Manager - Corporate Accountant on a full-time permanent basis.
We are looking for an experienced Accountant to join the CH Corporate Finance team. If you have experience of working in Corporate Finance and working on fast paced, complex projects within Finance Transformation this could be an exciting opportunity for you to explore within our Consumer Health Function.
As Finance Manager - Corporate Accountant, you will be responsible for delivering certain group consolidation financial reporting activities while providing technical accounting advice, providing guidance and delivering training to our financial community.
You will be reporting to one of the Finance Reporting Managers and will support the commercial ambition of GSK by leading delivery of robust, high quality financial reporting for Consumer Healthcare worldwide segment which fulfils all internal reporting requirements, as well as support to the External Reporting team.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Take ownership and drive preparation of certain aspects of consolidation and management reporting across CH, P&L and / or BS related
- We envision this role to focus primarily on
- Gross Margin Analysis, including understanding drivers, liaising with Supply Chain Finance
- Non-Core P&L analysis and sign off, including review of all adjusting items
- Tracking and reporting of major restructuring programs synergies and costs (Pfizer integration, Winning in Market initiative). The total integration costs of £1bn+ are expected to drive synergies of the combined business of >£0.5bn. WiM Budgets WIP.
- Additional ad-hoc P&L analysis
We will expect you to:
- Set up / evolve frameworks to enable accountability for the delivery of the above
- Collect & challenge numbers and explanations and commentaries from the regions / functions.
- Provide finance partnering to regional and functional teams to ensure that finance teams understand, adhere to the timetable, and provide commentary to support business performance. You will hold training session guidance where required on processes and technical guidance/policies
- Ensure wider finance teams meet the technical accounting criteria for adjusting items, esp. major restructuring programs
- Present on a monthly basis analysis work to CH Senior Leadership teams and GSK Corporate Finance team. Some elements may go to Board of Directors.
- Co-ordinate and support planning cycles for major restructuring activities
- Liaise with the Group's external auditors and internal compliance teams in relation to the operation of controls associated with the preparation of the financial reporting for the segment for these items
- Support the planning and preparatory work for the separation of GSK into two separate companies and to ensure the any changes for the new CH Group consolidation process have been designed and implemented in line with the agreed project plan.
- Execute simplification projects and implementation of best practices working closely with other regional and financial groups within GSK including representing CH within such groups
- Maintain control documentation and evidence for internal and external auditors, for all aspects of work being performed
What are we looking for?
- Fully qualified ACA (or CA/ACCA/CIMA internationally recognized qualification)
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent) in a related field
- Financial reporting and analysis experience
- Strong data manipulation capabilities (advance excel user)
- Good understanding of financial reporting requirements / current accounting standards (IFRS)
- Group consolidation reporting experience and strong system knowledge would be advantageous
- Organisational skills, prioritising and meeting deadlines
- Excellent communication skills
- Accuracy / attention to detail / integrity in producing results is essential
- Proven experience of senior stakeholder management skills (Director level and above)
We are open to global locations; some working hour flexibility will be required if not operating on UK/European time zones.
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE - 9th August 2021
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a place where outstanding people do amazing things. As a science-led global healthcare company, we exist to help people do more, feel better, live longer. This special purpose - along with our goal of being one of the world's most innovative, best performing and trusted healthcare companies - helps us attract some of the best and brightest minds in the world.
We take pride in providing access to all and continually focus on our opportunity and obligation to do more to improve inclusion and diversity: for our people inside GSK; in the way we do business; and in the communities where we operate.
We want our company to be a place where diversity of people and thought is valued everywhere and where we're all able to be ourselves and feel a sense of belonging. An inclusive organization where we all feel valued, engaged and supported, knowing that our work makes an important contribution to our mission. Reinforced by our clear values and expectations, it is part of our DNA. Together we achieve extraordinary things for our patients and consumers, who rely on us each and every day.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.