Manager, M&A Corporate Finance Advisory, Business Services, Open to flexible working
Manager, M&A Corporate Finance Advisory, Business Services, Financial Advisory
Deloitte’s Advisory Corporate Finance group is divided into product teams including: M&A advisory, debt advisory, PLC advisory, economics, valuations & modelling.
Deloitte M&A Advisory provides corporates, financial investors and entrepreneurs with a full suite of M&A services advising on acquisitions, divestments, joint ventures, buy-outs and capital raises, a significant number of which are cross-border or international in nature.
M&A Advisory is divided into sector teams, comprising: Business Services, TMT, Financial Services, Healthcare & Life Sciences, Industrials, Real Estate, Consumer and THL (Travel, Hospitality and Leisure).
In 2020, our diverse team of c.100 partners and c.800 professionals in EMEA, situated across 60 offices, advised on over 470 completed deals.
The Business Services team within Deloitte M&A Advisory has expertise extending across the full range of sub-sectors including Business Process Outsourcing, Professional Services, Human Capital Services, Education and Training, Asset Services and Transport and Logistics.
The team has enjoyed significant success in recent years and is seeking to expand with the recruitment of highly driven and motivated individuals.
The Manager role will have responsibility for:
- Working across the Business Services sectors on a range of buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Assisting with day to day management of transactions, which includes preparation of information memoranda, management presentations, valuation analysis and taking responsibility for preparation of information and client communications
- Industry research for both deal origination and transaction analysis
- Valuation work and Financial modelling, including DCF and LBO analysis
- Contribution to marketing and business development opportunities
The successful individual will have a clear understanding of the firm's diversity and inclusion agenda and will demonstrate a commitment to its values.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte London office, however the role may also involve travel and will require the flexibility to meet peaks of work inherent in the cycle of a deal. We specify full mobility for our financial advisory roles but we make arrangements respectfully. Working from home days are available and flexible depending on clients, deadlines, and projects.
Work pattern: Permanent full-time.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA (or equivalent) qualification (not essential depending on other experience)
- Experience in wider Professional Services / Finance, including some transactional experience.
- Excellent numeracy skills with keen attention to detail and the ability to absorb and analyse large amounts of data quickly
- Client focus, with ability to work quickly and establish effective working relationships
- Enthusiasm for and ideally previous exposure to the Business Services sectors (although not essential)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Project management and organisational skills
- Ability to undertake detailed financial/commercial analysis for inclusion in client reports
- The self-confidence/appetite to be involved in business development activities
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application