Centre for Regulatory Strategy, Banking (Prudential), Financial Services Risk Advisory
Centre for Regulatory Strategy, Banking (Prudential), Financial Services Risk Advisory, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
The EMEA Centre for Regulatory Strategy (ECRS) brings together regulatory specialists from across Deloitte in order to help our clients anticipate, assess and manage the strategic implications of regulatory developments in financial services. Headquartered in the UK, it has a network with local representatives across EMEA. It is further strengthened by working closely with counterparts in the US, Asia and Australia as part of Deloitte’s global Centre for Regulatory Strategy.
The ECRS achieves its goal by producing distinctive thought leadership, maintaining an early warning capability to spot emerging regulatory and supervisory issues, and by offering targeted commercial support. It works closely with regulatory specialists to assess the implications of new regulations for business models and determine how business strategies should respond. The eminence and insights led from the ECRS drive Deloitte’s market-leading capabilities and client relationships in financial services.
This is a permanent role (typical hours are 9.30 – 5.30pm) with a degree of flexibility. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients.
- Ensuring the ECRS maintains an overview of relevant developments in prudential initiatives in the UK and at EU and international levels, including through tracking new policy initiatives, identifying emerging topics and developing expertise in those topics; and developing relevant contacts with regulators, policymakers and industry;
- Leading the analysis and assessment of the strategic implications of new and emerging regulatory requirements;
- Driving forward thought leadership on the issues identified;
- Producing outputs including reports and presentations;
- Engaging with client-facing teams and directly with clients, in the UK and overseas, to leverage the analysis;
- Managing resources to deliver work to agreed deadlines;
- Ensuring the quality of outputs; and
- Contributing to cross-team initiatives.
We are looking for an individual whose experience includes working as a banking supervisor, a track record of producing analysis, and who has a natural intellectual curiosity.
The successful candidate will further be able to demonstrate:
- A strong understanding of key regulatory and supervisory initiatives in prudential regulation, recent developments, and the process by which requirements are developed and set;
- An understanding of strategic challenges and trends in the banking sector and financial services industry more generally;
- The ability to develop hypothesis-driven analysis, and to provide considered views, interpretation and an assessment of the implications for the banking sector;
- The ability to track and quickly and efficiently review a large volume of information in order to identify and disseminate the key points in a clear and concise manner;
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the confidence to liaise and build relationships with a variety of stakeholders within Deloitte and with external practitioners;
- Excellent time and workload management skills, and the ability to work flexibly under pressure;
- Exceptional presentation and business writing skills;
- The ability to independently drive and draft pieces of regulatory insight;
- High professional standards;
- The ability to take a flexible approach to tackle a wide range of tasks including: analytical research, client presentations and report writing, and hands-on involvement in the development of ECRS products; and
- Experience of managing or mentoring staff.
You are here: Risk Advisory
In a constantly evolving, complex risk environment, our market leading Risk Advisory professionals are trusted by organisations across the globe to support them in understanding, evaluating and mitigating risk.
Our clients demand industry experts who understand their challenges intimately and with whom they can build trusted relationships. They choose us because we provide bespoke solutions that deliver the power of Deloitte, bringing together: people they respect and enjoy working with; innovative technology; and an approach that allows them to make informed and intelligent risk decisions.
Our expertise spans all areas and sectors including technology risk, governance, internal audit, regulatory compliance, risk analytics, public sector and managed services. As a member of the team, you will work with inspiring, ambitious and supportive people who have diverse and extensive skills, experience and backgrounds. A move to Risk Advisory will help you to build a rewarding and balanced career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
Working in the ECRS you will be given responsibility early on in your career and an unparalleled opportunity to develop strategic thinking and gain a broad view of international, European and national financial services regulation. You will provide insight and advice to Deloitte practitioners and to a wide range of our clients in the global capital markets, including senior stakeholders.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 145957