Manager - Assurance (Part time)
Manager - Assurance (Part time)
In Assurance our aim is to provide accounting solutions and peace of mind to our clients. Through our skills and experience we give companies, investors and regulators confidence in financial statements, business critical information or processes. Assurance is our largest service line. You will work in highest performing teams serving our clients both in the office and off-site at client premises.
Our Belfast Assurance practice, comprising c80 staff, has a prestigious client base that includes the largest share of locally headquartered companies in the Northern Ireland Top 100, listed companies, private equity investors and investees, owner managed businesses and the operations of some of the world's largest companies. Being part of one of the teams providing services to such a prestigious client base in a growth orientated environment will enable you to gain experiences and acquire skills to build your career and create your future.
Our audit teams work with many of the world's leading and fastest growing companies. We provide a quality and consistent audit offering to our clients by assembling multi-disciplinary teams to address the most complex issues, using a proven global methodology and deploying the latest, high quality auditing tools and perspectives. To help our clients achieve their potential we provide a tailored service, consistent methodology, broad sector knowledge and the latest insights from our worldwide network. This is a great opportunity to join the fast-growing and proactive Belfast Assurance practice. You will be part of a team where you will receive exposure to some of EY's most diverse and exciting clients. Your work will be recognised and rewarded and a solid career will lie ahead of you.
What can we offer you?
- EY was voted as the world's #1 most attractive employer in the professional services; and #3 employer overall by business students in the Universum 2016 rankings
- Active social community including EY Women's network, Belfast Corporate Social Responsibility Committee and many more
- The opportunity to be involved in our Entrepreneur of the Year Award -The program was created by EY to recognise the accomplishments of entrepreneurs around the globe and we are always keen to get support from our employees
- Two days allocated to participate in charity work in addition to your annual leave with matched funding
- Ability to buy up to five extra days annual leave
- Only globally integrated 'Big 4' firm built around inclusive borderless teams
- EY&U Career development framework which includes the following:
- We currently offer more than 16,000 courses on our learning management system. Last year, our people undertook more than eight million hours of learning and completed over one million courses. So you can be confident you'll have time and space to pursue your learning goals.
- Buddy Scheme'-to welcome you to EY and introduce you to your colleagues
- Career Counsellor Scheme -you will be assigned a career counsellor who will help you drive your career and provide you with the support and guidance you need to achieve and exceed your career aspirations
- Ongoing performance reviews
Who are we looking for?
In order to support the continued growth in our Assurance business in Belfast EY is looking to recruit an Audit Manager to work on a flexible (part time or annualised hours) basis to support a portfolio of clients. This role will involve minimal travel and could suit someone who has been away from the job market or Audit for a period of time and is looking to work in a successful and growing business with a real focus on diversity and inclusiveness.
What do we look for?
- Experience of working at an Audit Manager level in a Big 4 or mid-tier practice
- Qualified Accountant -e.g. ACA, ACCA, CPA qualified
- An ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and teams
- An on-going commitment to personal and professional development through continuing education and development
- Ability and willingness to work primarily on challenging and complex projects
- Excellent commercial, management and organisational skills and business acumen
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) & "new" UK GAAP would be desirable
What will I be doing?
- Management of a portfolio of Audit clients (including a number where the Audit is completed remotely by EY teams abroad but the accounts are signed in the UK) including detailed review of work papers, resource management and people development
- Manage client relationships and deliver in line with agreed client deadlines
- Develop relationships with Audit clients, partners and other stakeholders in the Audit process
- Manage Audit teams, deliver timely feedback and take responsibility for your own personal development
- Planning and management of Audit work in line with the required Auditing and Financial Reporting Standards
- Providing guidance and input into the resolution of technical issues identified during the Audit
- Working capital management including cash collection and billing
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.