Financial Advisory, Government & Infrastructure – Assistant Manager / Manager
Financial Advisory, Government & Infrastructure – Assistant Manager / Manager, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
Our Government and Infrastructure (G&I) group delivers a wide range of corporate finance advisory services to public and private sector organisations. The group works across a range of sectors, including energy, defence, transport and public services. The services G&I provides include:
- Procurement advice to government for public private partnerships (PPPs), project finance, outsourcing and other service contracts between the public and private sectors;
- Advice to private sector organisations bidding for government contracts, including financial modelling, finance raising advice and negotiation support; and
- Renegotiation, refinancing and restructuring of existing contracts.
Please see our website for more information on Deloitte Government & Infrastructure.
The Deloitte Government & Infrastructure team has an exciting opportunity within the team for an Assistant Manager/Manager level candidate. The role will combine typical project, commercial and corporate finance skills. The individual will work within a vibrant team advising government and private sector clients through all stages of the contracting life cycle of high profile and complex public sector programmes across a range of sectors.
The primary location will be Manchester. The individual may be required to spend time working in other locations in the UK for extended durations as required by clients and projects.
Permanent. We are open to discussing the different ways in which we are able to support agile working arrangements. We recognise that our people are juggling demanding careers with commitments and interests outside of work.
- Setting commercial and financial strategies, including considering alternative commercial models including joint ventures;
- Structuring and documenting programme business cases;
- Developing and executing the procurement strategy;
- Negotiations through to contract close;
- Contract management activities, including considering options to restructure and/or renegotiate contracts; and
- Preparing financial analysis, including complex analysis and financial models, to support each stage of these programmes.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in a finance focussed role within government, a private sector bidder or another advisory firm working on one or more of: PPP, project finance, outsourcing, franchising or similar service contracts;
- An excellent understanding of the financial and commercial aspects of government infrastructure and/or service contracts;
- Experience of working with financial models;
- An understanding of public sector procurement procedures;
- Excellent report writing skills
- Education to degree level or equivalent
The following experience and qualifications would also be beneficial:
- Experience of designing and building complex financial models;
- A recognised accountancy or relevant financial qualification (full or part qualified);
- Experience of business case and/or report writing; and
- Experience of working with contractual documentation for government infrastructure and/or service contracts.
Required personal attributes include:
- Dedication to delivering quality results;
- Ability to multi-task and appreciation of the commitments to working within an advisory practise;
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving, with an ability to think laterally;
- Good project management skills and an understanding of governance requirements and risks;
- The confidence to work effectively with clients; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
You Are Here: Financial Advisory
The Financial Advisory practice at Deloitte advises clients ranging from multi-national corporates to private equity, owner managed businesses, creditors, shareholders and governments. We offer expertise in Restructuring, Advisory Corporate Finance, Raising Capital, Forensic, Real Estate Advisory and Transactions as well as a number of specialist services.
We work with our clients at the heart of major and often high profile transactions including mergers and acquisitions, disposals and Initial Public Offerings. We also provide expert advisory and due diligence services, fraud prevention and detection, and rescuing, supporting and improving underperforming businesses. Highly-regarded commercial real estate consultancy services complement our financial capabilities.
Financial Advisory is a fast-paced and challenging environment with both UK and international exposure. We value people who enjoy finding solutions to problems, are comfortable dealing with complexity, have strong business acumen, and can talk to a wide range of people with tact and diplomacy. In return, we offer a career path that’s rich in variety and allows you to gain insight into many different industry sectors.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
As an Assistant Manager/Manager in Government & Infrastructure you will work closely with senior client stakeholders, assisting them in making informed decisions regarding high profile and complex public sector programmes across a range of sectors. You will build trusted adviser relationships with clients and colleagues in the UK and globally.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
How to apply
Please select Apply Online to register your details for this opportunity.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144702