Financial Data Analyst, Part-time - 21 hours per week
A part-time opportunity has arisen to join LaingBuisson’s research and data team as a financial data analyst. The position is ideal for someone with a recognised accounting qualification who wishes to work part-time in an office based role. You will also need to be a team player, have an ability to interpret as well as read accounts and have strong attention to detail.
The primary role of the financial data analyst will be working alongside our other financial data analyst, checking the accuracy of his work and making amendments where needed. As required, you may also be asked to work on the entry of financial reports and as you become more familiar with what we do as a company, you may be asked to work on market reports and financial data products.
- Checking the accuracy of data from financial reports entered by the Financial Data Analyst into the LaingBuisson database and making corrections where required. Assisting with the entry of financial reports of companies in the UK healthcare sector. Assisting consultants with the development of market reports, ensuring project deadlines are met, and on the development of financial data products. Communicating with individuals at all management levels in organisations to obtain and verify information.
- Strong accounting skills, preferably backed by a recognised accounting qualification, with the ability to interrogate, analyse and interpret accounts. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with colleagues, clients and management (verbal, written and telephone). Strong organisational skills (including planning and prioritising work) to meet strict deadlines in line with project expectations. Analytical, superb levels of accuracy and a very strong attention to detail. Flexible, with ability to use initiative to identify and solve problems. Team player with willingness to help and motivate others. Strong proficiency with MS Office tools. Ability to work under pressure.
- Working knowledge of databases (Access or SQL)
- A recognised accounting qualification or ‘qualification by experience’.
LaingBuisson is a dynamic and entrepreneurial business that is growing fast and has the leading brand in healthcare intelligence in the UK. We have been serving clients for over 30 years, providing insights, data and analysis on health and social care market structures, policy and strategy. We are the chosen provider of independent sector healthcare market data to the UK Office for National Statistics (ONS) and work with providers, commissioners, payors, manufacturers, investors, regulators and advisors. We help our clients to understand their markets, make informed decisions and deliver better outcomes through market intelligence, consulting and data solutions. The markets we cover include:
· Care of Older People
· Private Acute Care
· Adult Specialist Care
· Private Acute Care in Central London
· Children’s Services
· Health Cover
· Mental Health Hospitals
· Housing with Care
· Out of Hospital Healthcare
Our Chairman is Stephen Dorrell, former Secretary of State for Health and former Chair of the House of Commons Select Committee; our Founder is William Laing, a noted healthcare economist; and our Chief Executive is Henry Elphick, a former healthcare investment banker.