Interim Finance Director
Our client is an entrepreneurial events management company based in SW London, they are looking for an interim Finance Director to join them in mid-March on a contract until the end of July.
This person will:
- Be an ACCA or CIMA qualified management accountant
- Have a good knowledge of Quickbooks and Sage 50 accounts
- Have excellent IT skills - Excel (VLook-Up, Sum-Ifs, Pivot Tables etc
- Oversee the successful migration from Sage 50 to QuickBooks and then it’s integration with Sales Force.
- Put into place a meaningful cashflow forecasting and management system, and tighten up invoicing procedures.
- Manage an Accountant and the firm’s external accountants and provide timely management information to the CEO and the Senior Management Team.
- Supervising the Accounts Assistant work flow, assisting when necessary with raising sales invoices, processing supplier invoices, preparing BACs runs, business credit card payments, credit control and all banking.
- Journal preparation and posting to the Trial Balance, reconciling all balances
- Producing Monthly Management Accounts (P&L and BS) to the agreed deadline
- Analysing management accounts and providing variance analysis to the CEO and SMT
- Creating a workable Cash Flow Forecast with the migration team
- Month End close and reporting process, including revenue and cost analysis
- Preparing year-end financial statements (31 March year end) in accordance with current accounting standards
- Controlling Balance Sheet through preparation of asset and liability. Reconciliation and Analysis of balances
- Payroll duties – preparation and submission to the PayCheck portal, PAYE payment to HMRC, Childcare Voucher & Pension scheme submission on a monthly basis
- Preparation and submission of all HMRC returns
- Assisting the Delegate Management System (DMS) team – providing accounts reconciliation with DMS reports ensuring what is in the Delegated bank account is accurate
- Liaison with the external accountants in all matters pertaining to them
- Responsible for overseeing the good credit control of the company
- Companies House and other ad hoc enquiries
Salary: Either day rate (around £400) or PAYE (£70K)
Location: SW London
Interim period: 4.5 months initially, mid March to end of July 2018