Principal Management & Monitoring Officer for Pupils aged 14-25
- Contract Type
Principal Management & Monitoring Officer for Pupils aged 14-25, Open to flexible working
Salary: Grade PO2- £34,254 rising in annual increments to £36,912 incl LW
Lambeth Local Authority is looking to recruit a Principal Management & Monitoring Officers to join a friendly and supportive team to deliver an exceptional service in the execution of the Local Authority’s SEN statutory responsibilities. Dealing principally with the development, operation, monitoring and management of procedures for children and young people with special educational needs.
The successful candidate will work closely with key partners including parent carers, children and young people, colleagues in Lambeth Council, headteachers of local schools including academies and free schools, SEN Co-ordinators, FE college and other partners, senior managers in order to apply, monitor and embed Lambeth’s implementation of the new SEND process expectations for learners.
S/he will be tasked with ensuring that the learning needs of all Lambeth pupils including those with learning difficulties are fully met. Provide Information, Advice and Guidance and coordinate support packages for young people with statutorily assessed Special Educational Needs as they progress through school settings into further education and/or employment with training.
The post holder will:
- Provide effective management of the delivery of a comprehensive service to young people with EHC plans or Statements of SEN.
- Be responsible for the delivery of a comprehensive Management & Monitoring service to young people with EHC plans or Statements of SEN.
- Direct, oversee and be responsible for ensuring reliable and accurate systems are in place for the monitoring of Best Value Performance Indicators. Responsible for producing the source data, for the calculation and compilation of the indicator in accordance with the agreed definition using the agreed systems, and for the maintenance of appropriate records to support audit.
- Have wide experience in education management, and will have a clear vision of the way forward in this area in Lambeth.
At this level, you will need:
- An excellent understanding of the context in which SEN works in schools
- Excellent understanding of the key tenets Children and Families Act, particularly new personalised statutory assessment framework
- An understanding of the role of elected members
- Excellent communication skills
Closing date: 18th of March 2018
Assessment/Interview will be held: week commencing 26th of March 2018 at midnight.