Operational Restructuring SM - Asset & Wealth Mgt - Part time, Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
Part time or annualised days contracts
This role can be offered on an annualised days contract. This means you would be on a permanent contract whilst working a certain number of days over the whole year. The expectation of when these days will be worked is flexible.
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
About the team
Our Business Restructuring Services (BRS) practice is currently the largest restructuring practice in the UK operating from 23 offices.
Within BRS, our Operational Restructuring practitioners work alongside Senior Executives to drive operational change at pace whether it be to reduce cost as a means of protecting margins, responding to a crisis or to realise the value of a deal or transaction.
We develop and implement realistic and pragmatic plans by applying restructuring and stakeholder management skills, functional knowledge, and proprietary assets and tools to support Executives in making difficult decisions and driving through change in a short timeframe.
About the role
Financial institutions are under significant pressure to make wholesale changes to their businesses and operating models as a result of the macro-economic and geopolitical landscape, increasing competition and ongoing revenue pressures.
We are expanding our FS team to support the increasing demand from our clients across Insurance and Asset Management to transform their operations. As well as working with a wide range of clients, you will also work with leading practitioners across the Deals, Strategy & and Consulting practice within the Firm.
As a Senior Manager in the team, you will be responsible for shaping the strategy and leading the implementation and rapid change delivery for our clients.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Bringing strong sector expertise and a demonstrable understanding of the challenges facing our FS clients to offer insights and value to transformation programmes.
- Assimilating complex information to formulate a structured and pragmatic restructuring strategy best suited to the clients’ strategic challenges and cost agenda.
- Undertaking market and client analysis (including peer benchmarking) to understand the clients’ commercial challenge and translating this into operational implications.
- Analysing costs and operations information to quantify value creation opportunities with supporting business cases.
- Developing cost savings strategies into a practical and fit for purpose implementation plan for clients, articulating clearly quick wins and longer structural cost transformation initiatives.
- Preparing presentations and/or reports to key stakeholders (e.g. Board, senior management).
- Managing senior stakeholders and inspiring change.
- Developing, managing and sustaining strong client relationships with clients and within the Firm.
- Drawing in expertise from different parts of the Firm to bring a compelling value proposition to clients.
- Mobilising and leading delivery teams including coaching and upskilling of junior team members.
- Actively managing project economics and overall programme governance.
You will also be expected to actively contribute to the development of our team by:
- Leading marketing and business development initiatives (both internally and externally). to continuously develop our position in the market.
- Managing a diverse and inclusive team.
- Coaching and acting as a role model for the junior members of the team.
Essential Skills and Experience
We are looking for candidates with the experience of supporting clients throughout the operational transformation lifecycle from strategic opportunity assessment and planning through to supporting the delivery of specific initiatives.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the work, these candidates will have experience either in industry or advisory or ideally both and have the following capabilities:
- Both financial and operational quantitative analytics with an understanding of the business and operating models for financial institutions.
- Experience of developing and delivering complex operational change.
- An appreciation and understanding of the regulatory environment in financial services and the impacts on the operations.
- Experience of managing stakeholders at C-suite level.
- Ability to manage and lead teams including working with ambiguity or conflicting priorities.
- High impact communication in the written and verbal form with extensive experience of development of power point presentations to synthesise analysis and communicate key conclusions.
- Experience of motivating and developing the team around you.
- Ability to leverage technology enabled and digital tools to achieve efficient delivery for our clients.
Whilst under current COVID-19 restrictions, the way in which we are working with clients has changed. We are primarily working remotely (with a small number of our team working from client sites) and as a team are working in line with the firm’s and government's policies. As changes are made to the firm and national policies, it is anticipated that our working practices will continue to evolve and return to close working with our clients.
The role is based in London. However, with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible and hybrid working requirements where appropriate and have many successful arrangements currently in place. You’ll also be joining a team who welcomes your outlook and knowledge, whilst developing your skill set further within one of the world’s leading professional organisations.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.