Assistant Manager/Manager, Government & Infrastructure, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Assistant Manager/Manager, Government & Infrastructure, Financial Advisory
Our Government and Infrastructure team advises on the financial and commercial aspects of major transformation programmes and transactions between the public and private sector. We operate across the infrastructure, energy and public services sectors.
Our service areas include:
- Major infrastructure and capital programmes
- Government led reorganisations and restructurings
- Public Sector Technology transformation
- Public procurement
- Project and PFI/PPP financing
- Privatisations and outsourcings
We advise on the procurement, negotiation and (when sought by government) re-negotiation of major contracts between the public and private sector, particularly where these involve detailed incentive payment arrangements. Our team has significant experience of advising Government and its corporate entities on structural options, ownership reviews and divestment.
Please see our website for more information on Deloitte Government & Infrastructure. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
The Deloitte Government & Infrastructure team has an exciting opportunity within the team for an Assistant Manager/Manager level candidate. The role will combine typical project, commercial and corporate finance skills. The individual will work within a vibrant team advising government and private sector clients through all stages of the contracting life cycle of high profile and complex public sector programmes across a range of sectors.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Setting commercial and financial strategies, including considering alternative commercial models including joint ventures; • Structuring and documenting programme business cases;
- Developing and executing the procurement strategy;
- Negotiations through to contract close;
- Contract management activities, including considering options to restructure and/or renegotiate contracts; and
- Preparing financial analysis, including complex analysis and financial models, to support each stage of these programmes.
- Working effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients.
Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Your home office will be London, but this client-facing role provides lots of opportunity for travel in the UK and overseas.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Experience in a finance and/or commercial focussed role within government, a private sector bidder or another advisory firm working on one or more of: PPP, project finance, outsourcing, franchising or similar service contracts;
- An excellent understanding of the financial and commercial aspects of government infrastructure, technology and/or service contracts;
- Experience of working with financial models;
- An understanding of public sector procurement procedures;
- Excellent report writing skills
- Education to degree level or equivalent
The following experience and qualifications would also be beneficial:
- Experience of designing and building complex financial analysis;
- A recognised accountancy or relevant financial qualification (full or part qualified);
- Experience of business case and/or report writing; and
- Experience of working with contractual documentation for government infrastructure and/or service contracts. Required personal attributes include:
- Dedication to delivering quality results;
- Ability to multi-task and appreciation of the commitments to working within an advisory practise;
- A logical and methodical approach to problem solving, with an ability to think laterally;
- Good project management skills and an understanding of governance requirements and risks; • Motivated with a real enthusiasm for advising on public sector programmes;
- The confidence to work effectively with clients; and
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work within a team.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application