Senior Manager, Personal Independence, Open to flexibility
Senior Manager, Personal Independence, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
An opportunity exists for a senior risk management specialist to become an integral part of the Personal Independence (PI) team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). This position offers a unique opportunity to work with all of the firm’s professional staff, partners and senior leadership to shape and deliver the firm’s quality agenda, act as a business enabler and mitigate risks.
The Personal Independence team is responsible for ensuring that the firm meets its Independence obligations, consults and responds to regulatory change, whilst implementing appropriate systems and controls. The team has regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm’s management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as contacts across EMEA and DTTL networks. The role will also require collaboration with other Risk Management groups across the Quality, Risk & Security community, including Ethics, Conflicts and Financial Crime.
Given the importance of independence and increased regulatory scope and focus, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person, whilst also broadening understanding of auditor independence requirements.
The Senior Manager role advises on and helps to shape the firm’s personal independence strategy through an understanding of independence and regulatory issues, covering firm policy as well as UK and other Countries Regulatory bodies (i.e. FRC and SEC), by providing a forward looking and strategic view. They will advise engagement teams on existing and target clients’ independence and regulatory issues and will work with some of the firm’s most senior Partners to ensure an effective and seamless transition through the independence requirements.
The role is located in our London offices.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
- A thorough understanding of APB/SEC/EU independence rules and their application (consulting with the Firm Independence Team, DTTL and other Member Firms as appropriate), and ensure this is effectively incorporated in to the Personal Independence strategy, systems and controls
- Co-ordinate updates to regulations and analyse and report on the impact on our current systems and controls. Where appropriate ensure that the Independence team, Partners and professional staff are fully briefed and have an understanding of changes and the impact
- Respond to regulatory requests and findings from practice reviews by preparing appropriate reports and action plans, followed by implementation of the proposed actions
- Educating, assisting and raising awareness with partners and professional staff through technical consultations
- Oversight and responsibility for the management, completion and delivery of a number of projects with Executive sponsorship. Our strategic projects are focussed on enhancing the culture of regulatory compliance and the subsequent maintenance of the regulatory environment. As a senior manager you would be required to project manage core strategic work streams, delivering high quality outputs within agreed timescales
- Oversee and monitor our systems, processes and procedures ensuring that we are meeting our requirements and delivering quality at the highest levels. Setting clear targets and monitoring progress against timetable
- Act as a risk management specialist supporting the business in its analysis and adherence to independence requirements in respect of its partners, professional staff, existing and new clients
- Managing and coaching more junior members of the team
- A compliance, risk, audit or Independence background
- Understanding of regulation and how to interpret and apply rules in a practical way
- Ability to manage senior Partner relationships and other stakeholders across the firm
- Strong team management experience
- Strong consultative and presentation skills
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to deliver complex projects under time pressure
- Ability to manage large amounts of information and analyse data quickly and accurately, very strong excel skills and attention to detail
- Report writing / strong PowerPoint skills
You are here: Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with all of the firm’s professional staff, partners and senior leadership to shape and deliver the firm’s quality agenda, act as a business enabler and mitigate risks.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 143604