Manager, Scope of Services, Firm Independence, National Quality & Risk Management
Manager, Scope of Services, Firm Independence, National Quality & Risk Management, 12 months Maternity Cover, Open to flexibility
What impact will you make?
An exciting opportunity exists for a senior manager or strong manager to become an integral part of the Firm Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). We are looking for an individual who is solutions-focused, has strong analytical skills and who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team. This position will provide a great opportunity to play a vital role in enabling Deloitte to pursue new client and strategic opportunities whilst protecting our reputation and brand.
Play an integral and visible role within the firm – The Firm Independence team is responsible for providing critical business support to the firm in relation to all matters pertaining to audit independence and regulatory requirements. The role is part of the scope of services team within Firm Independence and offers a unique opportunity to work with client service teams across the firm. The team has regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm's management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as new service line offerings and acquisitions. Given the importance of audit tendering, the pursuit of alternative delivery models and increased regulatory change, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person.
The role will involve providing technical independence advice and guidance to the business including analysing and interpreting the firm’s independence rules against specific client engagement team queries. The role offers many opportunities to work collaboratively with the business and/or global network on audit tenders, new service offerings and firm acquisitions. In addition, the role will also involve liaising with overseas contacts within the global Deloitte network (DTTL) and broadening your understanding of auditor Independence requirements.
The role is located in our London offices.
This is a permanent role. We do encourage careful consideration of agile ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is interesting as a permanent role with a degree of flexibility please do discuss with us.
- Interpreting regulation, firm independence policies, professional guidance and other pronouncements and applying them to the business environment.
- Providing advice and guidance to partners and client service engagement teams in technical consultations in relation to the provision of services to clients across all areas of the business.
- Support the firm’s Ethics Partner with technical consultations relating to fee arrangements.
- Working with audit bid teams, assisting them in their analysis of non-audit services and business relationships under the relevant independence rules and regulations.
- Advising the business on the regulatory impact when developing new products and services.
- Overseeing and managing independence processes and systems.
- Developing technical material, including policy and guidance, for firm-wide distribution.
- Responding to consultation papers produced by external regulators.
- Working with the Firm Independence Team Leader; the Independence Partner and the Ethics Partner, to address strategic issues relating to scope of services, ie identifying and addressing emerging issues.
- Managing own portfolio of consultations with key stakeholders within the business.
- Coaching and developing junior team members.
- Ongoing and ad hoc independence matters and projects.
- Managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them, with a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
- A professional accounting qualification (e.g. ACA, ACCA) or equivalent qualification preferable
- Previous knowledge of independence regulations would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Ability to manage senior relationships and other key stakeholders across the firm
- The ability to work well individually, as well as part of a team
- Strong coaching and people management skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under time pressure
- Strong management, analytical, decision making and organisational skills
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office packages
You are here:
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
How will this role make an impact that matters with Deloitte?
This position offers a unique opportunity to work with all of the firm’s professional staff, partners and senior leadership to shape and deliver the firm’s quality agenda, act as a business enabler and mitigate risks.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers Global integrated professional services that include Audit and Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have received a Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016 as a Top Employer for Working Families.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 144078