Capital Project Services Senior Manager - Part time, Flexible Contracts
This role is open specifically for people who are looking to work on a flexible contract.
We know everyone’s lives are different and that traditional working patterns may not be quite right for you. Whether you’ve taken a career break, had time out to support family or are looking to balance your career with another passion of yours, we can offer you a flexible contract to work the pattern that suits you.
Part time or annualised days contracts
This role can be offered on an annualised days contract. This means you would be on a permanent contract whilst working a certain number of days over the whole year. The expectation of when these days will be worked is flexible.
Once you’ve joined the firm you will have access to training, giving you the opportunity to upskill yourself on our various systems. You’ll also benefit from additional support designed to help you integrate into the firm and connect and build relationships with other flexible workers across our network.
Our Capital Project Services (CPS) team consists of a range of talented multi-disciplined professionals who have a background in delivery of capital projects across multiple sectors including infrastructure and financial services. We support our clients in securing optimum value from their projects or business and provide the expertise they require to navigate challenging, complex situations.
We’re one of the world’s leading professional services organisations and our culture is all about our people. We are looking for candidates with strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills who are passionate about advising clients to improve their project outcomes. Your role might include:
- Designing and delivering transformative project and programme management and/ or commercial management approaches across a wide range of industries;
- Working closely with senior leaders of major global businesses to optimise the efficiency of their capital programmes and supporting them to deliver their intended benefits;
- Providing expertise to clients who strive to deliver projects within constrained budgets or supporting them through challenging situations.
At PwC the development of our people is key and though we're all driven by different aspirations, we share the same commitment to quality. You’ll have the opportunity to work on high-profile, national and international projects that will enable you to reach your full potential.
As a Senior Manager, you’ll lead and work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management of clients, while reporting to Directors and above
- Leadership of project teams
- Train and lead staff
- Establish effective working relationships directly with clients
- Contribute to the development of your own and team's technical acumen
- Keep up to date with local and national business and economic issues
- Be actively involved in business development activities to help identify and research opportunities on new/existing clients
- Continue to develop internal relationships and your PwC brand
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a confident communicator and is able to deliver compelling messages with impact in a passionate and credible manner to influence a wide variety of audiences;
- Is a proven leader and has a strong desire to coach others within their team
- Has exceptional technical aptitude and analytical skills, and is able to translate complex issues to support the creation and delivery of clear and understandable client solutions;
- Is passionate about delivery of capital projects and has a strong desire to succeed by learning from colleagues and creating collaborative relationships at all levels;
- Has a strong academic and industry background and currently holds a senior position in their organisation;
- Is open to travel, both nationally and internationally.
Our clients value the diverse range of experiences that our people bring. Our team mostly comprises of people from Project Management, Engineering, or Commercial Management backgrounds but we’re open to other industries and experiences, and the value that can bring.
Your career to date should demonstrate
- The ability to lead and manage a team to deliver projects and solutions;
- An ability to build trusted working relationships with their teams, clients and other stakeholders and innovation to deliver outputs;
- An in depth understanding of the core principles used to support delivery of projects and experience in leading the management of contracts, suppliers, and/ or projects;
- Self awareness and your ambition to continuously develop your and your team’s skills.
Our Deals business is an exciting, fast-paced and an ever-growing business that focuses on deals and crisis situations for our clients. Collectively, we deal with the types of situations you hear about regularly in the news and we provide support, insight and analysis to the management, shareholders and financiers of business.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
Valuing Difference. Driving Inclusion.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool because creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business, enabling us to solve important problems and deliver value to our clients. We encourage an inclusive culture where people can be themselves, are valued for their strengths and are empowered to be the best they can be. As an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we also support different ways of working offering flexible working arrangements.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.