Media Capability Director, Media and Performance Marketing, Open to flexible working
2 days left
- Contract Type
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. We are focused on the research and development of innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. The GSK Consumer Healthcare business has a portfolio of some of the world’s most trusted and well-loved brands. Our makes are underpinned by science-based innovation and include Panadol, Voltaren, Advil, Centrum, Theraflu and Sensodyne and have been developed to meet the healthcare needs of consumers worldwide.
GSK is on a journey towards digital transformation to become the global leader in bringing the best in class analytics and insights, to serve the consumer and patient. This strategy is far reaching and will extend to all corners of the business – from Big Data and applications of artificial intelligence in R&D to New Media in bringing to life consumer brands.
We’re looking for an exceptional Global Media Capability Director to help build, scale and elevate a holistic approach to our brands’ overarching performance objectives, working in concert with internal stakeholders in media, analytics, insights & data. We approach every challenge holistically, with best-in-class expertise in data, creativity, media, technology, search, programmatic and social giving us the power to build our brands and transform their business. This job is perfect for someone who is addicted to data, omnichannel, media activation & delivering results. We need someone who is a talented media trailblazer with a proven track record of owning performance (direct response) media strategy and execution from end-to-end, who excels at improving operational efficiencies and who is capable of creating positive, meaningful change. This role requires someone with experience in media planning and digital media strategies globally across all channels including paid search, programmatic video and display, social media, ecommerce and owned channels including SEO.
This person will work closely with regional media senior directors and category directors to drive the media capability agenda. The focus will be on delivering a high-quality capability program that ensures the global media strategy is embedded in the fabric of the organization globally. Experience of delivering complex projects as well as ambitious change strategies is a must.
- Deliver Media Capability program for the Markets as well as the Global Media Org.
- Orchestrate performance marketing strategy across internal teams to deliver, measure and optimize toward mid & lower funnel KPIs.
- Partner with internal production ecosystem team, CaST, on determining data-driven content and creative needs across the global business to develop production capabilities.
- Liaison between the CaST team and global marketing teams to define brand data driven creative strategies to deliver highly relevant, personalized content to our consumers.
- Act as an internal subject matter expert on performance marketing to coach market and category teams on delivering performance within media.
- Define performance marketing best practices for the organization and deliver capability programs to upskill marketers toward a data-driven future.
- Partner with regional media directors and cross functional leads to deliver the Marketing Edge ambitions for GSK for digital media.
- Work closely with the agency senior global team as well as media partners (Google, Facebook, Amazon, IAS) to inform our capability program.
- Consult on data & tech strategies across internal EDGE teams such as operations, media, content as well as category and market teams.
- Partner with Global analytics and insights teams to ensure capability programs capture full end to end marketing with data infused throughout to deliver growth and business outcomes.
- Liaison between internal and external teams to help shape the digital strategy and go to market enablement plan.
- Evaluate and consult on learning paths and measurement criteria to track and evolve digital learning journeys.
- Internal subject matter expert for data driven marketing strategies across creative, activation, optimization and consumer segmentation.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media, Marketing or Business.
- 7+ years’ proven experience in digital, media or marketing either agency, partner or client side including paid search, programmatic media, social media, ecommerce media.
- Experience in delivering capability programs leveraging internal and external resource.
- Experience of managing and implementing global capability at scale within a highly complex organization.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- MA Degree or postgraduate qualifications in Media, Marketing or Business.
- Experience working with healthcare/consumer brands either agency or inhouse.
- Expert in performance marketing strategies across paid, owned & earned channels.
- Understanding of advanced analytics methodologies such as attribution, incrementality and closed loop measurement.
- Highly skilled at delivering programs leveraging a network of resources, internal, external and agency.
- Deep understanding of data and how to best leverage for planning, activation and optimization.
- Ability to translate complex topics to digestible content for broad and expert audiences.
- Exceptional stakeholder relationship experience, with advanced communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills, with an ability to design and develop strategy and training for a broad, global audience.
- Holistic media strategy experience including TV as well as owned and earned channels – SEO, influencers, PR.
- Self-motivated and able to manage multiple projects to different stakeholder effectively.
- Proven enterprise thinker, able to lead and deliver business solutions leveraging Media as well as other functions.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Managing individual and team performance.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Sustaining energy and well-being, building resilience in teams.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Developing people and building a talent pipeline.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.
*This is a job description to aide in the job posting but does not include all job evaluation details.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.