Manager, External Audit, Audit & Assurance - Homeworking, flexible working, returners
7 days left
- Contract Type
Manager, Financial Services, External Audit, Audit & Assurance, Edinburgh/Glasgow
Our financial services audit team is one of the leading practices in the region. Due to recent successes we are looking to recruit individuals to support the delivery of external audit and assurance services to our clients. Our clients include FTSE listed entities, foreign and privately owned organisations operating across the investment and retail banking, life & general insurance, and wealth management. As part of our successful team you will play an important role in maintaining and growing the practice and developing our people.
Given some recent high profile audit wins, we are looking to expand our team by adding high performing and ambitious new individuals. We are currently seeking an external audit Manager to support our banking team at an interesting time for the financial services industry and the audit profession.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a member of our team, reporting to a Senior Manager or Director/Partner, you will have responsibility for:
- Delivering high quality audit engagements from planning through to reporting
- Helping with technical and complex accounting and auditing queries that may shape future precedent and industry practice;
- Managing audit relationships, with a focus on exceptional client service;
- Driving continuous improvement through innovation and transformation, embracing change and challenging the way we do things to develop new ways of working;
- Participating in and responding to feedback from internal and external inspection teams to enhance the execution of quality audits;
- Building relationships across service lines and geographies to deliver market and client focused audit solutions;
- Being responsive to and anticipating clients’ needs;
- Being part of a wider community helping to grow our department and develop our strategy; and
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
In return, you will get new challenges in a dynamic, supportive and fast-growing department at an exciting time in the evolution of the audit industry as we develop the audit of the future. You will have access to market leading training and development tailored to your personal interests and ambitions. We will provide you with the opportunities, skills and knowledge to progress, working with some of the UK’s most influential and headline-making clients and working alongside some of the best people in the sector.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in the Deloitte Glasgow or Edinburgh office, however travel will be required for client based projects. Whilst working with the local market is our priority, our clients are varied, helping enable our people to get the best experience and develop as professionals. Accordingly, we do spend time on site with regional and London based clients. We specify full mobility for our audit roles but we make arrangements respectfully.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- Relevant professional qualification, e.g. CA, ACA, ACCA (or CIMA, IIA, CIRM, MCT or equivalent)
- Experience in the financial services sector, either as an external auditor, working within a financial services institution, in an advisory or business consulting capacity to similar organisations, or in the regulation of such institutions
- Experience in financial services accounting
- Knowledge of external auditing techniques (including risk assessment, audit scoping, devising audit approach, controls and substantive testing)
- Strong controls testing experience (PCAOB audit experience preferred, not essential)
- Strong interpersonal skills, including oral/written communication, and team management
- Experience in developing project deliverables (proposals, reports, presentations) to a high standard
- Highly motivated approach, with a proven ability to work on own initiative within a challenging work environment
- Good team playing skills with good organisation, planning and coaching skills
Your service line: Audit & Assurance
In an industry best known for looking back, Deloitte looks beyond.
Our Audit & Assurance team understand the most important decisions are the ones we are yet to make. Crafting the future in an informed and clear-sighted way means understanding current conditions, as well as the trends that are shaping tomorrow. That is why we use our expertise in audit to show where things stand now, and to help inform the next step. With the assurance we provide, we help our clients to look ahead with strength and confidence across all of their accounting, regulatory and transaction needs.
Innovation is the key, underpinned by audit quality. You will be joining a diverse team of experts capable of delivering meaningful and durable change for both our clients and our profession.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application