Admin and Operations Executive, part time 17.5 – 21 hours per week
Admin and Operations Executive
Salary: £32,612 pro rata plus benefits
Location, EC3, London
Flexibility: 17.5 – 21 hours per week
Role Type: Admin, operations
Contract type: Fixed Term contract to 31 March 2023.
Closing date: 15th September 2021 at 5pm
The Financial Services Skills Commission is looking for an Admin and Operations Executive to join our team ensure the smooth running of the Commission’s activity as we work to achieve the objectives and ambitions of the Financial Services Skills Commission.
About the Financial Services Skills Commission
The Financial Services Skills Commission is an independent, non-partisan, member-led body, representing the UK financial services sector on skills. We work directly with our members, including NatWest, Lloyds Bank, Zurich, Aviva, Nationwide, Legal & General, and advocate for change to ensure that businesses have the talent and skills they need for the future. We are also trusted advisors to government and other stakeholders who come to us for our expertise on skills, talent, diversity and inclusion in the sector. Our work also regularly features in the media. We undertake research into crucial topics, including: the impact of the menopause on women’s participation in work, how the pandemic impacts on how we work and the future skills that the sector needs to invest in.
We are a small team who are passionate about making a difference to the financial services sector by driving inclusion and diversity and by making sure that talent in the sector have the right skills for the future. We work at pace and delivering outcomes for our clients is our priority. We are collaborative and inquisitive and value trust, communication and new approaches to solving problems.
About this opportunity
The Admin and Operations Executive role is an exciting opportunity in the Financial Services Skills Commission. You will ensure the smooth operation of the Financial Services Skills Commission and be responsible for creating and managing our business processes and systems as well as providing administration support.
You will also play a key role in the operation of the Commission as an independent limited company supporting our work, through project management, member relations, financial monitoring and our responsibilities as a limited company. The role involves regular engagement with our financial controller and other colleagues in our partners organisation TheCityUK as well as our members and other stakeholders to ensure smooth running of our operations.
- Creating and managing operational processes.
- support the financial controller to maintain and manage the Commission’s finances, including invoicing, payments, preparing management accounts, input to annual audit etc.
- Ensure the Commission meets all its reporting requirements as a limited company.
- Work closely with the Chief Executive and other colleagues to maintain the Commission’s business plan and forward plan of work
- Undertake diary management for the Chief Executive and management of Commission meetings, e.g. Board, Advisory Group, workstreams and team meeting.
- Preparing meeting agendas and papers and taking minutes of meetings
- Maintain an up to date plan of activity, events and processes.
- Support colleagues with event administration and communications activity, e.g. social media posts.
- Act as a strong ambassador for the Commission and, where relevant, attend events and summits to represent the work of the Commission.
- Play an active role in the operation of the Commission alongside other employees and in support of the Chief Executive carrying out other duties as reasonably instructed.
What we are looking for
You have experience of leading, developing and managing programme delivery involving a broad set of stakeholders.
You are curious and inquisitive, with an ability to problem solve.
You are passionate about this agenda and have a proven ability to build relationships with partners, including senior leaders, to create change.
You are likely to be a self-starter, interested in working for a young organisation with a clear purpose. You will be highly organised, have a pro-active approach and be comfortable working autonomously. You will have great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively and confidently engage with a wide range of people, often including senior executives
Knowledge & Experience
- An operational knowledge of project management principles and an ability to apply them to the management of business operations, events etc
- Experience of and Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Teams)
- Experience of financial management, budget monitoring and reporting
- Experience of managing contact databases, mailing lists and distribution, including utilising data from different sources and mail merges.
- Experience of diary management for senior individuals
- Experience of preparing meeting agendas and taking minutes.
- Experience of working with and building relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, including with media and senior figures, essential.
- Experience of website administration and maintenance (Wordpress corporate) and software and applications for design and online communications (Twitter, LinkedIn, Survey Monkey, Mailchimp, Word Press, Canva) desirable
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work well individually and as part of a team
- Effective at planning, organisation, and time management, self-starter, prioritises tasks, attention to detail, takes responsibility and ownership
- ability to embed changes across the organisation
- ability to work to work under pressure and complete tasks to tight deadlines
- Strong numerical skills with the ability to manage and monitor budgets in accordance with financial requirements.
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and influencing abilities
Please see the attached job description and person spec for further details on the role
To apply for the Admin and Operations Executive role, please submit a CV and covering letter that details how you meet the person specification