Senior Consultant, Life Actuarial, Bristol - Open to flexible working
EY Life Actuarial is hiring! Join our award-winning actuarial team and work with some of the strongest actuarial practitioners on a range of exciting client projects. Our client base is diverse. We work in the insurance sector with traditional insurers and reinsurers both in the UK and globally, with the Life Actuarial practice being a core component of our insurance sector service offering. More broadly we support clients such as asset managers, hedge funds, industry bodies and start-ups, to name a few, who interact with insurers or insurance business
Our UK team is one of the largest of EY’s actuarial practices globally, regularly supporting both other actuarial teams in different locations as well as other service lines in the UK. The size of the practice and range of projects available gives our team members a diverse and challenging environment to continually develop and learn.
We want actuaries who are not just great technicians but brilliant consultants. Actuaries who can build networks, spot industry trends and solve industry problems. If you are interested, please read on and apply.
We are looking for high performing Senior Consultants to join our Life Actuarial practice. As a member of the team, you will be at the front and centre of delivering exciting client work and working with our internal teams to turn the latest ideas into client ready propositions.
The work we deliver is broad, and includes:
- Traditional reporting and audit support
- Mergers & acquisitions, both buy and sell side due diligence
- Capital management, including regulatory support such as Internal Model reviews/applications and strategic change, such as optimisation, Part VII transfers and independent expert support
- Transformation including accounting change and operational change
- Technology change including analytics, automation and ML/AI
- Investment advisory, supporting both insurers and asset managers interfacing with insurers
Your key responsibilities
- You will assist in the delivery of key projects for our clients on a wide range of topics
- You will create innovative and commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational teams and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership
- You will contribute to improving operational efficiency on projects and internal initiatives, consistently driving projects to completion making sure that the work delivered is best in class
- You will be expected to manage your time and be responsible for delivering to both clients and internal stakeholders, keeping a clear focus on anticipating and identifying risks, and escalate issues as appropriate
- Working closely with colleagues, you will create a positive learning culture and coach and counsel junior team members and help them to develop
- You will contribute to the development of EY capabilities in technical areas and engage with clients regarding the application of these methodologies to their businesses
- You will collaborate with colleagues outside of UK Life Actuarial to deliver multi-disciplinary and cross-geographical work
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical / mathematical skills
- Good communication and project management skills
- Very keen attention to detail
- Able to work independently and to demonstrate initiatives and commitment to assigned projects
To qualify for the role you must have
- Successful track record in Life insurance, gained through working for a provider directly or a top tier consultancy or a specialist financial services consultancy
- Strong academic record, including a degree and professional qualifications (specifically, either a part qualified or newly qualified actuary with a good actuarial exam record)
- Experience running or contributing to a range of projects
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. For actuarial students we also offer a comprehensive study support package, including study days, and financial support for the study materials and exam entry fees. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets. Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate. Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!