Senior Consultant, Pensions, Actuarial, Advisory, Open to flexible working
At EY, our Pensions Consulting team offers you the opportunity to work with some of the biggest firms in the country. As part of our Leeds pensions practice, the role will place you at the forefront of corporate accounting for defined benefit pension schemes with a key role in in the evolving regulatory landscape. Alongside this primary role, you will have the opportunity to work on wider national consulting projects.
Our teams cover a range of industry sectors and the global nature of our business allows our people to develop and grow based on their own personal goals and objectives.
This is role is open to based in London or Leeds
Your Key Responsibilities
- Supporting our colleagues in the Assurance practice with the audit of corporate clients who report for their Defined Benefit pension schemes under UK GAAP, IFRS or US GAAP.
- Carrying out calculations to assess the reasonableness of the assumptions and figures recognised by corporate audit clients in respect of their pension obligations.
- Drafting of reports to the Assurance team articulating our findings and conclusions.
- Liaising with a range of stakeholders, including colleagues in the Assurance practice, clients and corporate advisors as part of the audit.
- Assisting with building and maintaining internal models as part of our work.
- Contributing to the development of thought leadership and the production of reports and papers (for an internal and external audience).
- Working on other ad-hoc pension consulting project work from time to time
Skills and attributes for success
Experience of Defined Benefit pension schemes and corporate reporting is desirable but is not essential as training will be provided. Most important is a desire to work in a professional services environment and to learn.
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong numerate academic background, with good A-levels including in a numerate subject.
- A Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) would be an advantage, or someone who has previously studied for some of the actuarial exams.
- Experience with Microsoft office, including Word, Excel and Powerpoint is an advantage
- Commercial awareness
- Ability to work in a financial services role, with the ability to build relationships with internal colleagues and clients
- May suit someone who wishes to work part-time, or during phased retirement
Ideally you’ll also be/possess:
- Strong team player with drive and enthusiasm
- Ability to prioritise and challenge
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and liaising with colleagues, clients and their advisors
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!