Assistant Brand Manager, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
Diageo has built a strong platform for growth – through investment in its own brands, and by acquisition to broaden the geographical footprint and category depth and range. The company’s strong local business units are well-positioned to win in increasingly competitive and fast-paced environments. Diageo’s portfolio is well-diversified across price-tiers, enabling it to participate where consumer opportunity is greatest, and to capture shifts in consumer preference.
Diageo's culture is built and maintained by the five values that underpin its business and guide how Diageo works. At Diageo, employees are passionate about its customers and consumers and want to be the best. They give each other the freedom to succeed and value each other. Employees work hard so they can be proud of what they do and how they do it. While Diageo moves at pace, constantly evolving and improving, its values remain consistent. Diageo wants that employees live these values every day, everywhere so that Diageo can be proud of what they do and be the best that they can be.
Do you want to be part of the team that leads one of the most loved brands worldwide?
So welcome to the delicious world of Baileys!
Part of Diageo’s Global Giants and the largest liqueur brand in GB, Baileys has been delivering spectacular growth rates in recent years and it has a clear strategic vision that will drive even greater success.
Exciting new campaigns, delicious pipeline to come and a fun team is what this role is about. We are also seriously committed to drive inclusion & diversity through our marketing activities, so if this role resonates with you, come talk to us.
As an Assistant Brand Manager, you will play a crucial role in delivering the target ambition for Baileys. You’ll be the right hand for both Senior Brand Manager and Marketing Manager as well as responsible for challenging projects with high visibility within the business and plenty exposure to senior leadership. This is a challenging role with full visibility of the marketing mix, so if you are up for the challenge, have a look on the key responsibilities
- Lead & manage Culture & Entertainment agency relationship - from brief to execution
- Lead & manage Social agency relationship - from briefing to execution
- Build & lead the Dcomm agenda for Baileys GB
- Manage our licensing and gifting portfolio
- Lead experiential marketing (Baileys Treat Bar, Treat Van…)
Marketing performance & Effectiveness:
- Responsible for monthly performance reviews identifying key pain points and opportunities for improvement throughout the year
- Responsible for Measurement & Evaluation reviews to drive A&P effectiveness, evaluating effectiveness of activity and contributing to investment plan (mainly post campaigns reviews with agencies ever quarter)
- Lead the end to end launch of LTOs (limited edition SKUs), including leading conversations with cross functional team (Global team, Europe Innovation, Innovation Commercialisation, Customer marketing, shopper…)
- Support SBM on media execution leading assets adaptation and delivery timelines to mediums
- Support on all things related to A&P spend (budget tracking, POs creation and management)
- Support on internal engagement activities
- Support SBM on managing events
- Support MM and Category director as needed
Leadership Standards at Diageo:
Win through Execution
- Works effectively with the wider team and takes a wide view of their accountabilities
- High energy and ambition to achieve successful outcomes and high standards
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
- Demand brilliant execution to ensure we always win at the point of purchase
Shape the Future
- Sees the big picture and possibility from multiple angles and through a creative lens
- Frames issues in a way that creates clarity and incorporates others' best thinking
- Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working
- Enable others to imagine the future and be brave to act boldly now
- Insist on sufficient data and insights that quickly move us to action
Inspire through Purpose
- Works to make a significant difference to the brands/market
- Reads their environment and understands how culture and context influences people's perspectives
- Is actively aware of the impact they have on others and tunes in to the needs of individuals around them
- Communicates in a compelling, persuasive and impactful way
Invest in Talent
- Displays confidence in their ability to meet challenges and succeed
- Maintains belief and optimism and bounces back quickly from setbacks or failures
- Demonstrates a realistic and thoughtful awareness of their own capabilities
- Takes ownership of their development and growth
What we need from you:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years of relevant marketing experience is desirable but not essential
- Passionate about brands and how they are brought to life
- Proven project management skills
- Team player with strong ability to build genuine relationships with internal & external stakeholders
- Demonstrated achievement of high standards (not necessarily academically)
- Unafraid to express point of view & challenge status quo