Finance Business Partner - Beer Packaging, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding diverse collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray, and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
We are looking for a pro-active and dependable individual who can quickly build collaborative relationships and unlock new insights to drive exceptional results for the business.
About the Role:
This role is an opportunity to business partner with the Operations Director for Beer Packaging and their management teams at our beer packaging sites in Runcorn and Belfast. You will drive business performance through the provision of financial / commercial expertise and insights.
You will be a pro-active and cooperative member of their business management team, trusted to provide financial leadership and to challenge and influence the organisation to drive value from strategic to operational decision making and execution. You will bring insight and rigour across the end-to-end business performance agenda.
- The business partner should be connecting strategy with execution – meaning involvement with or driving major strategic or tactical initiatives such as cost savings or revenue optimization projects, including recommendations on resource allocation.
- Delivery of a robust governance and control environment and an effective risk management agenda for our beer packaging sites at Runcorn and Belfast.
- Bring financial insights to challenge target setting to ensure both short term and multi-year priorities are considered
- Ad hoc scenario-planning and sensitivity analysis of key performance drivers, including business cases, prescriptive analytics and projects which support the sustainability agenda.
- Identifying opportunities to strengthen profitability or reduce financial risk through value creation initiatives which reduce COGS and drive margin enhancement.
- Support the annual planning process through input on strategic target setting and through budget reviews with the Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
- Investment appraisal / capex business case preparation Identify opportunities to drive greater efficiency and effectiveness in finance processes, leveraging standards, systems and data.
- Through this role you will get great exposure to Diageo’s Beer Packaging Team and processes, working closely with the brewing operations as well as the wider Diageo Supply Chain Finance & Procurement function.
We’d love to work with you if you have a good blend of the following capabilities:
- Dynamic Value Creation - The ability to understand the levers that drive efficient growth & make the right business decision based on data, analysis and the wider business context.
- Strategic thinking - The ability to demonstrate business acumen and think how the business/market could/should be diﬀerent in the future.
- Risk Management - The ability to identify, capture and manage risks at appropriate levels.
- Process Transformation – a positive problem-solving mindset that champions the use of standard, simple, automated end to end processes, and respective controls.
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to build strong relationships across the business.
- Qualified accountant (CA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/MBA) with at least 2-3 years PQE
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything