Head of Customer & Registration Services - Open to flexible working - homeworking available
1 day left
- Contract Type
Starting Salary: £69,072
Job Level: Level 6, Zone 2
Work Location: Various locations in Camden with remote working available
Hours per week: 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent, Full time
Closing Date: Sunday 19th September 2021, 23:59
Interviews to be held: w/c 27 September 2021
Alternative flexible working options available/open to discussion
Camden is changing on the inside to make life better for everyone. Because we’re not just home to the UK’s fast-growing economy. We’re home to the most important conversations happening today. And we’re making radical social change a reality, so that nobody gets left behind. We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit.
Reporting to the Director of Customer Services, this is a senior management position that will play a central role in delivering the Council’s ambitions to put residents and other citizens at the heart of service design through leading the strategic development and delivery of high volume 24/7 people focused services and our organisational strategy for citizen contact.
The role will work collaboratively with colleagues, users and partner organisations to design and deliver effective and high-quality services across all channels in support of the Council’s wider outcomes set out in Camden 2025. You will provide inspirational leadership to the Customer Service and Registration Service teams, ensuring a focus on improving user experience, staff development and data/insight led performance and use of resources.
- A motivational leader, able to develop and communicate a shared vision across large diverse team
- Excellent operational management experience, leading a demand driven, high profile, fast paced service with an understanding of delivering people focused services in a large complex organisation.
- Strong people management and leadership skills, with the ability to create effective teams that listen, question, learn and collaborate to deliver positive outcomes for citizens. A clear understanding of what high performance and equality means for the service including evidence of leading work on anti-racism and well-being as we move out of the pandemic response.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, evidencing sound political acumen, influencing and collaboration skills across organisational boundaries to develop shared goals and resolve conflict
- Experience of using data and human centred design to drive continuous service improvement and design with a strong user focus, participative approach and highly effective programme delivery
- Evidence of developing creative and strategic solutions to complex challenges, using agile methodologies and being comfortable with change and ambiguity.
- Strong financial and budget management experience
Working for Camden
We’re ready to welcome your ideas, your views, and your rebellious spirit. Help us redefine our corporate services, and we’ll redefine what a career can be.
At Camden, you’ll receive a host of benefits as well as joining a flexible working employer.
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.