Head of Global Marketing Finance, Open to flexible working
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company with an outstanding collection of brands, such as Johnnie Walker, Smirnoff, Baileys, Captain Morgan, Tanqueray and Guinness. Our purpose – Celebrating life, every day, everywhere – has an important role in our company, for our people, our diversity, our brands, in how we perform and how we create shared value.
About the Role
Global Marketing interfaces with all parts of the Diageo organization - regions, markets, supply and other functions. The individual in the role is expected to interface with all parts of the organization, including the broader finance and marketing communities, and be able to navigate through complex matrix processes. There will be significant interface with senior business leaders through involvement in QBRs and MLT meetings.
This role will be responsible for aspects of Diageo's brand performance reporting to the Diageo Executive Committee MLT as well as leading the budgeting process of the Global Marketing and Innovation function. The role also plays an important part in the CC&E agenda related to the function.
Brand Homes is an exciting area for Diageo enhancing Diageo’s visibility in key markets. This role will oversee the finance and performance management for these areas including the Guinness Storehouse and new Johnnie Walker Visitor Centre in Edinburgh Princes St.
- Lead a team of ca. 20 people based in Budapest to provide high quality business partnering, performance analysis and insights to support Global Brand teams and provide best in class cost management and investment effectiveness support to the Global Marketing function
- Lead the brands annual financial planning process and manage the monthly analysis of brand and category performance to ensure that the Diageo Exec and the Category brand teams have timely, clear and insightful business performance analysis
- Lead the annual financial planning process and manage the monthly performance analysis of Trading businesses (Retail Stores, Visitor Centres and Brand Homes including the Guinness Storehouse and Johnnie Walker Princes Street)
- Provide ad hoc financial support to the Chief Marketing Officer
- Be an active support to the Marketing Leadership team, including active attendance at Leadership meetings
- Interface directly with senior stakeholders (including the Group CFO, Group CMO and other members of the Diageo Exec) and manage a large number of complex relationships across a multitude of brand and category teams
- The role is a key business partner to the Global Brand and Brand home
- Focus is on insightful analysis and strategic thinking on brands performance (including market shares) that will deliver sustainable growth for Diageo based on an in-depth knowledge of the category/brand agenda and the category’s business performance
- Qualified accountant with minimum 10+ years PQE
- Direct Retail or Hospitality experience
- FP&R experience in a large business
- Understanding of Performance Management tools / processes and ability to identify improvement opportunities
- Hands on experience in Strategic Planning, Budgeting and management reporting
- Strong modelling and data analysis skills to create high quality analyses / evaluations
- Experience managing and developing a team of professionals
Benefits of working here
- Unique Family Leave opportunity
- We work without border - you will work with people from all over the world
- You will deal with world class brand portfolio
- Wide variety of thematic events, afterwork activities organized by employee communities
- Product Allowance to purchase company products from the staff shop
- We won the Fittest Workplace Award, of course we have a Gym
- Urban legend is true, we do have a Rooftop Bar
Diversity & Inclusion
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Character Is Everything