Global Connections Planning Media Manager, Open to flexible working
Do you have a real passion and flair for media and planning perfection? If so, read on!
We are recruiting for a new, exciting role- Global Connections Planning Media Manager, to ensure Diageo combines content and context brilliantly every time, connecting with consumers globally. This unique role sits within Diageo’s Global Media Team, reporting into the Global Media Director and Connections Planning Lead.
We are seeking a hardworking team-member to help support our exciting Connections Planning capability within DIAGEO. The role requires someone who has delivered sophisticated multi-market programs and is confident at problem solving. They must show agility working in a business unit which is dynamic and fast-paced. They are naturally good influencers and story-tellers, with credibility. They know when to be bold and when to empathise; when to push, stop and alter direction. They are a great teammate who can bring their own unique experiences, style and positivity to add to Connections Planning. They are a critical conduit to the agencies, understanding how to get the best out of our teams and individuals, creating excellent relationships. They are passionate, focused and curious. They put consumer at the heart, and have a deep interest in motivations and behaviours. They have the commercial acumen or hunger to understand how CP can positively create sustainable business impact. And lastly, they have the ambition to learn, grow and become the CP leaders of the future.
Due to the unique nature of the role and continual development of our Connections Planning unit, we are looking for a candidate who is comfortable with a job remit which can be shaped and isn’t necessarily set out in stone. But, under the direction and support of the Connections Planning Lead, Global Media Director and agency teams.
Some of the critical accountabilities will be…
Deliver operational CP effectiveness:
- Taking direction and in partnership with the Head of Connections Planning, you will ensure we deliver excellent connections planning every time, bringing creative and media together seamlessly, alongside all other touchpoints.
Manage lasting relationships:
- Support in leading our internal and agency relationships, becoming the conduit for our day to day CP platform
- Help run and improve the day-to-day quality of our planning output.
- Flag barriers, blockages and become the problem-solver, helping get to CP excellence..
- Co-lead our in-house connections planning tech platform, ensuring it is used consistently across all teams, business units, agencies.
- Support how we evolve the platform; working closely with our media agency, from new features, development, improvements.
- Support training and development; up-skilling our internal and external partners.
- Be curious - identify new data connections; new trends, provide challenge with how we bring new ideas into the platform, with business impact.
- Working with markets to identify learning opportunities that can scale globally.
Media Owner JBPs (Joint business plans):
- Support and lead the day to day of key media owner JBPs, working alongside procurement, legal and marketing.
- Act as a holistic media expert, focussing your time where you can make the biggest impact and spotting new opportunities to drive business growth.
- Passion & Flair for Connections Planning / Media Planning: Know what great connections planning looks like, backed by a passion that outweighs your number of years working in media (minimum 5 years of media experience, including marketing tech).
- Consumer orientated planning: A real understand of how to improve consumer experience using privacy-first data and insights. An interest and understanding of consumer behaviour.
- Program and Change management: Leading end to end processes; understanding how to create positive change impact
- Curiosity: Constantly curious with an eye on the future to ensure Diageo is always at forefront of change. Challenges themselves and others to take on new or unfamiliar tasks and ways of working.
- Exceptional relationship management skills: Must be comfortable with autonomy.
- Diversity statement
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is, in itself, inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many different ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
#Character Is Everything