Client Project Manager, Open to flexible working
The Engineering function at the GSK Ware Manufacturing and Supply site is responsible for the provision of technical expertise to support the manufacturing, automation and controls systems for all production operations to ensure production targets are achieved.
The role operates as part of the site’s Capital Engineering organization with responsibility for project delivery for the site’s capital project portfolio. Project examples include new pharmaceutical production equipment (eg; tablet presses, packing equipment or bespoke blending and filling equipment) as well as covering a range of site infrastructure (including warehousing, boiler systems, etc) and critical utilities (eg; HVAC, hot/cold services and power - both HV and LV).
The role of the Client Project Manager is to provide overview/management of the delivery of Capital Projects within the site.
Key Responsibilities (include);
- To act as a single point of accountability for delivery of Capital Projects, working with the site’s nominated Capital Delivery Partner as well as other strategic partners to deliver against the project brief while following the Project Management Framework (PMF).
- Complete Business Analysis stage of the PMF including defining business benefits and assessment of potential feasible solutions.
- Determine project tiering and procurement route to ensure co-ordinated approach in line with procurement guidelines.
- Drafting of Project Investment Proposals (PIPs) and necessary submission documents for the approval of capital budgets.
- Generation of the project Charter, User Requirement Brief (URB) and User Requirement Specification (URS) with the end customer as required by the project and interfaces with validation.
- Participation in and/or co-ordination of design reviews, safety studies, GMP reviews and constructability assessments to shape the design and planning process.
- Preparation of Pre-Construction Information (PCI) for accountable projects as well as client HSE requirements (e.g. F10 notification).
- Attendance of FATs and SATs as necessary to provide oversight and acceptance
- Co-ordination of downtime and any production interruptions with the value streams, and oversight of commissioning and validation activities.
- Management of stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle, including presentation of all proposals at site governance forums.
- Drive all stage gate reviews for progression of projects as well as review of site governance documents (Plan A, Plan B, variation note(s)).
- Management of all technical queries related to the project with the relevant contractor
- Management of the PIP budget, including GSK resources to be capitalised as well as any other defined GSK costs.
- Act as the nominated responsible individual under the relevant contract.
This role would suit a motivated individual who has strong experience of working in a project portfolio delivery environment. You will be a qualified engineer (to degree-level or via professional registration), with good people skills, budget planning, contract management and control skills. You will drive common-objective thinking and will be focused on providing solutions. It is important to demonstrate strong partnering skills (both internal customers and external suppliers and contractors). You will also have strong knowledge and understanding of scientific/technical design and operation of pharmaceutical manufacturing facilities.
About Ware Manufacturing Site:
Medicines at Ware are presented as either Respiratory devices or in Oral Solid Dose form. The site holds a unique position in our network as the only site responsible for launching the company’s pipeline of new medicines in these dose forms, many of which are life saving medicines. A series of investments in new state-of-the-art equipment are being made that will support the delivery of a record number of new products. This must be achieved whilst consistently delivering outstanding quality, service and value to our patients.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 13th of September 2021 (COB).
When applying, please use your CV to describe how you meet the proficiencies (as outlined in the job requirements above). The information that you provide will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. Our products are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. Employing over 100,000 people globally, we have 71 manufacturing sites around the world. F
- Relevant qualifications and / or experience (eg; Project Management in an Automation, Chemical or Mechanical setting, etc)
- Engineering Qualification (minimum of BEng or IEng)
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.