Director, Forensic Analytics, Financial Advisory, Open to flexible working & returners
There has never been a better time to embark on a career using advanced technologies to combat economic crime. Join us in defining and building financial crime solutions that make a material difference to our clients, our people and society.
Deloitte's Forensic Analytics team help clients leverage the data in their technology platforms to accelerate the conduct of investigations, resolve legal disputes or regulatory issues and prevent economic crime. Our specialists deliver a wide range of technology, analytics and data science solutions. We use these solutions to detect and investigate complex accounting, fraud and misconduct issues. We also work closely with our Disputes practice to provide technology solutions to assist in the resolution of accounting disputes. You will work with our clients and subject matter experts to help understand and respond to the challenges they face.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
We offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As Director within our Forensic Analytics team, you will be part of the leadership team responsible for the performance and growth of the team, through driving client conversations to win new business, leading large-scale engagements, continually improving quality and risk management, and developing the wider team through mentorship, training and encouragement.
You will be joining a rapidly growing and diverse team of multi-disciplinary, technically excellent and highly motivated people.
- You will use your knowledge, experience and commercial aptitude to identify and secure new business opportunities for our team and to develop and market new business propositions across multiple industries.
- Design, shape and deliver client proposals, presentations, and marketing materials
- Work with clients, SMEs, fraud examiners, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities to resolve contentious issues which will bear the utmost scrutiny
- Lead the design and delivery of forensic technology investigations, risk assessments, forensic accounting assignments, compliance reviews, forensic audits, electronic data reviews
- Lead and manage the team to prepare engagement project plans, working papers, project documentation, status reports, draft and final reports to the highest level of quality
- Plan, manage and control budgets on engagements
- Ensure your work and the work of those supporting you is high quality and meets quality and risk standards. Monitor and manage risks throughout the engagement cycle. Adhere to the strictest standards of client and engagement confidentiality
- Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure satisfaction. Serve as consultant to external parties including C suite executives and attorneys
- Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews
- Participate in public speaking events, conferences, seminars, marketing events and client meetings.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: This role is based in London. You will be required to undertake national and international travel for specific client projects. At times, work may be required outside standard office hours in order to meet the needs of our clients.
Work pattern: At Deloitte we measure the impact our people have, not the hours and location they spend sitting at a desk. If the working pattern you are looking for is not indicated above but you believe it will allow you to meet the requirements of the role then we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Your professional experience
At Deloitte, our people are expected to have the professional and personal skills to provide a distinctive client experience during our engagements. We understand that we need different types of people with different skills to provide our clients with the best possible service. So whether you are a delivery specialist, regulatory advisor or technical master you will be able to find something exciting and entertaining.
Your experience and approach
- Previous data analytics experience in Forensic technology, audit, fraud or anti bribery & corruption
- Experience of using diverse technology for investigations or forensic accounting purposes
- Proven technical ability in generating insight using technology and analytics over a wide range of structured & unstructured datasets, and communicating this insight in a variety of forms
- Project lead experience, supplemented with strong stakeholder communication skills- comfortable and adept at navigating competing priorities, resolving ambiguity and managing demanding expectations under pressure.
- Able to demonstrate an independent, pro-active and confident approach to managing project-based work
- Experience of independently delivering data analytics tasks as well as working with and / or helping others to achieve this;
- Ability to communicate complex information and opinions clearly, to technical and senior professional audiences, in both written and verbal contexts.
- Proven prior technical ability in one or more of the following areas:-
- Use of SQL or other software / programming languages to create and analyse datasets including the use of ETL solutions to load data into databases
- Data analysis and visualisation tools (e.g. Excel, VBA, R, Python, Tableau)
- Network analytics and big data solutions (i2, Neo4j, Hadoop)
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you will find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? it's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what We're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application