Finance Analyst, Part time 2-3 days per week - some homeworking
We have a unique opportunity for a commercial Finance Professional and Excel wiz to join our Business Development team working within the TV/Entertainment industry. The role is a fixed term contract (maternity cover) for up to 14 months starting asap.
We are open to discussions on working flexibly and are currently working from home, returning to the office for one day per week from September. The job holder will work 2/3 days per week up to 24 hours, but as often this work is project based we are happy to discuss a fixed part-time weekly pattern or something more flexible for a freelancer. Reach out to the job poster if you would like to discuss.
You will provide financial and business analysis to support the business development opportunities within the Group. This is an integral part of the small and varied business development team, giving you the opportunity to work across projects that drive business change.
You will be business minded and able to use your own initiative, using your financial skills to support business decisions and creating documents to present to senior colleagues. Ideally you will have an appropriate finance qualification (CIMA, ACCA, ACA) but we are flexible for the right person.
- Financial modelling of OTT digital video distribution methods including AVOD, SVOD, and FAST opportunities across existing and new content assets. Ability to understand and model complex cost and revenue structures.
- Analyse of M & A targets, including valuations and risk models and preparation of clear, targeted reports to assist with strategic decision making
- Financial review and analysis of potential distribution and investment opportunities within our existing joint venture structures particularly CBS UK and EMEA partnerships. As these partnerships develop provide analytical support in the assessment of varied strategic options.
- Business planning and risk/reward analysis for new channel business and channel launches / new joint ventures, acquisitions etc.
- Provide financial impact analysis of potential channel closures / restructures or asset sales.
- Assist sales teams in the creation of internal reports identifying potential revenue gaps/ channels / feeds
- Keeping up to date with latest market data and research, viewing habits and new media platform performance
- Producing trackers and internal dashboards from multiple sources to support the SVP of Business Development and business development team
- Identify areas of risk and opportunities for further growth or strategic investment
- Ad hoc analysis and reporting as required, including supporting the management team with international rollouts
- Ability to support the Business Development team with the production of materials for review at SMT, and Executive level, in particular PowerPoint presentations, providing concise financial and executive summaries of deals
- Support the Business Development team with relationship management of all internal and external stakeholders on current opportunities
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ideally, CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified
- Preferably experience in broadcast media and digital video media distribution or keen interest in the industry
- Ability to quickly absorb and understand financial data
- Organized and have the ability to work quickly and efficiently on multiple projects
- Excel modelling
- Financial Planning
- Preparing and presentation of Board level materials
- Excellent PowerPoint skills
(This role is known internally as Business Development Analyst)