Service Department Administrative Assistant
Our client manufactures gas & air compressor and gas booster packages and gas storage systems, predominantly for Water Companies. Due to continued expansion of their Service Department, they are creating a new role to assist in the safe, smooth and efficient day to day running of the department, while working flexibly as a member of the team, providing customer-focused service.
The role will involve a full and varied range of administrative duties, including the use of MS Office, dealing with customers enquiries and the day-to-day administrative requirements of the service department.
The principal activities will be:
- To support a small team of service engineers with the necessary documentation prior to carrying out site service visits and for the repair to customer machines carried out in their workshop
- Liaising with customers as and when required
- Assist and support the service co-ordinator and complete some of their key duties in their absence
- Ensure that company documentation is completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Maintain documentation records for the calibration of equipment
- Ensure engineers training and certification are kept up to date
A good level of ability with Microsoft Office software, particularly Word and Excel are required, whilst experience of mechanical engineering and H&S would be desirable, but training can be given.
The post is offered as a full-time position, but consideration would be given to part time/flexible working.
Pay will be competitive, negotiable, and dependent upon previous experience.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, please apply ASAP.