Director of Development, Part time 3-4 days per week
2 days left
- Contract Type
Reporting to: Director of Admissions, Communications and Development
Contract: 3/4 days per week, term time only plus 4 weeks in school holidays (negotiable). Occasional work will be needed during evenings and weekends.
Responsible for: Alumni Relations Office
Start Date: Immediate (subject to candidate’s availability)
The Director of Development role requires an experienced fundraiser to help implement a development strategy to co-fund bursaries for local pupils to join Colfe’s Sixth Form.
The ideal candidate will be a fundraiser in a comparable organisation, either in education or a transferable field, and will possess the drive and vision needed to help build an ambitious and sustainable Development programme. They will build networks with the School’s alumni, philanthropists and charitable foundations and corporate sponsors, to strengthen an already successful social mobility programme. A creative thinker with a values-driven approach to fundraising in education, the successful applicant will share a commitment to, and passion for, changing the lives of young people in Lewisham and Greenwich.
Reporting to the Director of Admissions, Communications & Development (A,C & D), the role will have line management of an Alumni Relations Manager.
Skills and attributes:
- proven track record in securing major philanthropic gifts, with experience of developing inspiring campaign messaging, establishing robust systems and processes
- proven capacity to design and implement a pipeline of prospects, coupled with experience in stewarding a portfolio of donors.
- expertise in relationship management, ability to relate well to the whole school community – prospective current and former parents, supporters, alumni, pupils, staff, governors and friends of the school
- experience within a communications and customer relationship management function
- outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- event management experience within a comparable field
- shared passion for the school values and a commitment to making a difference to the lives of young people in Lewisham and Greenwich.
All applicants must submit:
- an application form, accompanied by a letter of application and current CV
- details of two referees, who will be contacted prior to interview, in accordance with the School’s Safer Recruitment procedures
All applications should be submit via the application method below.
The deadline for applications is Friday, 24th September. Colfe’s reserves the right to appoint to this post before the closing date if necessary.
Colfe’s School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure & Barring Service.
Colfe’s School recognises and is committed to ensuring applicants and employees from all sections of the community are treated equally regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender reassignment, marital and civil partnership status, or pregnancy and maternity. We welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for Director of Development, Part time 3-4 days per week
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly