PR & Communications Manager - Johnnie Walker, Luxury Whisky & Press Office, Open to flexible working
Diageo was created in 1997 but its business is built on the principles and foundations laid years before by giants of the industry – Arthur Guinness, John Walker, Elizabeth Cumming and many more. Today, Diageo is a world class leader in beverage alcohol, producing an outstanding collection of over 200 brands and owning the top two largest spirit brands in the world, Johnnie Walker and Smirnoff and 20 of the world’s top 100 spirit brands. Its portfolio also includes Crown Royal, J&B, Buchanan’s and Windsor Whiskies, Cîroc and Ketel One vodkas, Captain Morgan, Baileys, Don Julio, Tanqueray and Guinness.
In Diageo GB the Culture & Entertainment, Media and digital team are a key function within the marketing team - working collaboratively with the marketing category brand teams & stakeholders to ensure all our brands have market leading plans that actively drive incremental business growth.
This role is an exciting opportunity within the team – driving the culture agenda for one of Diageo’s giants, Johnnie Walker as well as managing the Luxury whisky portfolio via our partner agency. This role will also be responsible for delivering cross-category press office through our dedicated press office agency. This is a fantastic time to focus on Whisky, with total category ambitions high and a clear space for us to make an impact in culture. This role sits within the Culture, Media and Digital team, one of five C&E positions within a growing team and allows for a great opportunity for cross-functional working with our Media and Digital experts.
The Culture and Entertainment Manager will be responsible for devising and executing the cultural strategy for Johnnie Walker, cementing the brand within it’s cultural territory with a focus on influencer engagement, earned media & partnerships and collaborations. The role will require working closely across functions to deliver a fully connected plan that delivers across earned, owned and paid media.
Within our luxury whisky portfolio, Johnnie Walker Blue Label and Mortlach will be the priority brands, working closely with our dedicated luxury culture agency to develop & execute strong culture plans. In addition the Culture & Entertainment Manager will oversee our lead Press Office agency to deliver on-going proactive press office across the full Diageo portfolio, tapping into cultural trends across the year and seasonal occasions.
The role will require the successful candidate to work in a fast faced environment with excellent communication skills to work collaboratively with internal and external agency partners. The candidate will need to have experience managing and working with Diageo partner agencies and foster strong relationships.
A fantastic opportunity for anyone who has a passion for delivering flawless integrated marketing communications that drive tangible business results.
- Demonstrate your ability to win through execution by working with brand teams to translate brand ambitions into culturally relevant C&E plans across all advocacy channels.
- Share and develop ideas and programs that improve brand equity, earned value and cultural relevance
- Manage plans from concept to implementation, engaging important cross-functional stakeholders along the way
- Reporting & analysis – responsible for tracking coverage, event reporting & monthly reporting, to share with wider teams. Sharing competitive/consumer insight to brand marketing teams.
- Ensuring all activations have appropriate Measurement & Evaluation frameworks in place
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders across disciplines not limited to experiential, third space, shopper, brand marketing and media & digital leads– in order to create 360 comms plans that live across multiple channels
- Lead the press office function across categories – including comms plans for seasonal gifting, key calendar moments and serve.
- Ensure all activity follows and abides by the Diageo Marketing Code, Digital and Social Media Guidelines, and Diageo compliance policies.
Ideal experiences / Qualifications / capabilities
- 5 years’ experience in the earned culture & entertainment discipline, including integrated communications strategies, talent and social influencer management, contextual brand integration, project management, media relations and M&E.
- Connected in culture armed with a black book of contacts across media, influencers & cultural collaborators
- A proven ability to execute programs with success, specifically in the digital and social media landscape.
- Strong influencing and negotiation capabilities involved working with senior brand stakeholders both internally and externally.
- You are constantly curious about consumers; have a deep understanding of consumer behaviour and culture
- A strong team player who enjoy working in a fast-paced team environment. Always ready to roll-up your sleeves and get things done
- Demonstrated brilliant execution to impeccably high standards
- Deep personal accountability for great performance