Credit Officer, Open to flexible working
5 days left
- Contract Type
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Provide insightful, high quality analysis, advice and guidance in a specific area of credit risk, executing control and tailored to senior stakeholder needs. May lead a team of risk specialists and deputise for more senior colleagues
At Lloyds Banking Group, Large Corporates Credit is a core facet within Chief Credit Office ("CCO"), providing independent and dynamic credit assessment and monitoring on a sector basis, supporting colleagues across Corporate & Institutional Coverage and Product Partners.
You'll join the Acquisition Finance credit team, operating at the forefront of the European leverage finance market, working on Mid Market and Large Cap transactions by supporting a core set of financial sponsors deliver complex financing arrangements. Due to the nature of the client portfolio, the role requires frequent engagement with senior stakeholders.
Here's what you'll be doing...
- Conduct independent credit assessments of lending proposals and prepare reports for presentation to sanctioning officials to enable informed decisions to be made; this involves analysis of management information and of extensive commercial and financial due diligence, and the identification of key strengths and risks. Submissions include new to bank business, increased lending to portfolio clients and annual credit reviews across a range of sectors for the Bank's core corporate and financial sponsor relationships.
- Undertake research using business press, credit rating and information agencies, to ensure assessments have an external dimension, and apply judgement to ensure relevant material is included when evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of a lending proposal.
- Liaise with originators, relationship managers, product partners and clients where necessary to shape credit proposals in order to maintain a balance of risk and reward and also to identify viable new business opportunities.
- Monitor and control credit exposures, to identify situations which may increase risk to LBG, communicating with Senior Managers and other interested parties as appropriate, as well as compliance with LBG policy and regulatory policy.
- Assist with the production of periodic sector reviews.
- You'll work in a high profile, professional and exciting environment committed to delivering core positive group values.
- Taking advantage of the opportunity to widen your credit experience to other areas including Infrastructure & Project Finance and Large Corporate.
Most of our colleagues are based in London however we'll consider other locations.
- You will have knowledge and significant experience of the Leveraged Finance market.
- Evidence of relevant credit experience with a proven track record of consistent performance
- Strong knowledge of the regulatory and compliance requirements
- Ability to establish relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across different audiences
- Demonstrable high levels of attention to detail, numeracy and accuracy
- Familiarity and ability to deal with complex financial models (strong Excel skills are required)
- Report writing skills with strong written and verbal communication skills
Want to hear more?
You'll be offered a competitive package which includes...
- a generous pension contribution and
- Flex cash to spend on a host of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both professionally and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel welcomed and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible!