Real Estate Valuation, Assurance and Diligence, Open to flexible working & returners
Real Estate Valuation, Assurance and Diligence, Real Assets Advisory, Financial Advisory
An exciting opportunity has emerged to join our team specialising in real estate valuation, assurance and due diligence.
This team works alongside colleagues within our broader Real Assets Advisory business with over 200 professionally qualified surveyors, planners and consultants across our network of offices throughout the UK.
The successful individual can expect a broad range of work and experiences. From assisting colleagues in FA Transaction teams on some of the largest corporate deals to providing specialist valuation skills to the External Audit team through to work on Value Creation Services projects and much more. Whilst having an in-depth knowledge of valuation is vital it is equally as important to have good ‘General Practice’ skills, a broad property market knowledge, the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and a positive outlook.
We are proud to offer flexible working arrangements which allow our people to choose the most suitable working arrangement that works for them. We consider both formal and informal working arrangements that allow our people and our clients the best outcome. If you would like to hear more about our flexible working arrangements, please let us know.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of two years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Key aspects of the role will include:
- Providing valuation assurance services across both Deloitte’s internal network and direct to clients in the UK and overseas;
- Providing opinions of value for Financial Statements, strategic asset management, Purchase Price Allocation, purchase and sale;
- Supporting transactions through real estate due diligence;
- Identifying new trends and supporting the development of innovative valuation related solutions across the spectrum of Real Assets.
- Learning and liaising with colleagues from different professional disciplines to deliver the most informed solutions for our clients; and
- Contributing to continued development of Deloitte’s market profile.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: Preferably based in our Midlands office at Four Brindley place, Birmingham however we will consider applicants from anywhere in the UK with the potential to be based in Manchester, Edinburgh or London. Given the nature of our work there may occasionally be the need for travel nationally and sometimes internationally.
Work pattern: This is a permanent full-time contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Prior experience within a valuation team with an appreciation of asset management and/or the agency market
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Presentation skills with an open and engaging personal approach
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- RICS qualification and likely to be an RICS Registered Valuer
- The successful candidate will enjoy working within a diverse, inclusive and collaborative team environment
- Ability to use your own initiative to drive success for clients
- Experience with Argus Investor/Developer and KEL valuation software
- Experience in the valuation of “alternative” asset classes
- A good understanding of landlord and tenant law
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you’ll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem-solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It’s how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application