Consultant/Senior Consultant - Technology and Data Focus, Open to flexible working & returners
Consultant/Senior Consultant - Technology and Data Focus - Real Estate Consulting
This is your opportunity to join Deloitte Real Estate team. We're the real estate advisory practice of Deloitte LLP, one of the world's leading providers of professional services. Together we've established a new benchmark in how real estate Advisory' services are delivered, with an unparalleled capability to provide innovative cross service solutions to the most complex property challenges. We provide consultative services, as well as a variety of specialist advice, to a wide range of private and public sector clients across the UK and abroad. We can help clients with everything from preparing planning applications to managing commercial real estate.
Deloitte Real Estate currently provides comprehensive property consultancy and Advisory' services, working seamlessly with specialist teams in areas of assurance and advisory, tax, corporate finance and consulting, to deliver fully integrated expert solutions on a national and global basis. Working here will give you the chance to gain experience on a truly diverse range of property types - so expect some interesting inspections, valuations and negotiations. The calibre of clients is exceptionally high and you'll have the opportunity to develop across different areas as your experience grows. There is a comprehensive suite of learning and development opportunities.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application
As part of this dynamic and highly successful team, you will have the opportunity to combine your specialist technical skills and industry knowledge to advise large corporate occupiers and real estate companies on real estate technology-related business matters.
Working on high profile assignments with some of the best in the real estate field, you will be exposed to a wide variety of projects within an extremely commercial, client focussed environment, such as:
- Supporting the implementation of a complex real estate target application landscape for a global real estate fund manager
- Helping to produce a technology, processes and data review for a UK asset manager
- Helping produce requirements, processes, a business case and a procurement strategy for a UK Housing company's new technology platform.
- Supporting the development of a revised data strategy for UK Government department across its portfolio
- Supporting the development of a real estate related data & technology strategies for a UK Commercial Development function.
- Supporting the analysis and development the data & information requirements, measures, datasets and attributes for a major UK Government asset holder.
Within Real Estate Consulting as part of a team you will need to be able to:
Be part of a team that:
- Quickly develops an understanding of the target business and its drivers.
- Supports clients to help define their real estate technology challenges.
- These may be systems, data, process or people related.
- Advises Asset/Fund Managers, Sovereign Wealth Funds, real estate functions of corporates, government bodies or service providers on all aspects of real estate technology (e.g. digital strategies, data governance frameworks, technology selections and procurements and system implementations).
- Acts as a PMO on a large real estate technology project across multiple countries, asset classes and functionalities
- Works with client stakeholders (and wider impacted populations) to lead them through the implementation of their RE technology related transformation initiatives.
- Supports the production of detailed financial and commercial analysis and modelling for Real Estate technology investments.
- Supports clients in the manipulation large data sets to provide compelling, value add outputs (possibly using either static or interactive data visualisations).
- Works on a wide range of public and private sector Real Estate technology assignments within the UK and internationally.
- Works effectively in diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte London office, however travel to projects across the UK and Europe may be required.
Work pattern: This is a permanent contract opportunity.
Your professional experience
- To qualify for the role you must have:
- A professional qualification or equivalent real estate technology related industry experience.
- A 2:1 degree with strong A-level results or equivalent qualifications and/or a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to operate basic software such as PowerPoint and Excel to a high level.
- Strong commercial acumen and market awareness.
- The ability to build strong, effective working relationships and work on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to write clear, concise reports.
- Confidence and proactivity.
Ideally for this role you should have one or more of the following:
Some knowledge of:
- The wider real estate technology market and the software vendors that support this market.
- Real estate in at least one of the following sectors: Fund/Asset Manager, Corporate Real Estate or a service provider (i.e. technology consultancy or real estate service provider).
- One or more of the key stages of delivering a Real Estate IT project from a business perspective (i.e. requirements gathering, process workshops, design documentation, testing processes and deployment).
- Supporting tools related to data transfer, data repositories and Business Information.
- Working knowledge of one or more leading CMMS, EAM, CAFM or IWMS systems
- The development and implementation of data governance frameworks within complex property asset environments.
- Working in projects involving a medium sized (5+) internal and external real estate technology team.
- BI tools such as Tableau (or other visual tools such as Qlikview, PowerBi).
- Data ingestion mechanisms (e.g. ETL, API)
- Awareness of the relevant professional / regulatory processes to ensure compliance and minimise risk.
- As part of the recruitment process, please note all selected candidates will need to pass the SHL numerical test before being interviewed.
Your service line: Financial Advisory
Advising clients in the moments that define their business takes multiple layers of expertise. Much more than due-diligence, this is about diverse teams of specialists coming together, crossing service lines and international borders to tackle the many, complex issues involved in major transactions. And we have one of the broadest networks in the business. Here, you'll find fascinating, career-building projects, market leading approaches, cutting-edge resources, huge clients and inspirational colleagues. As well as opportunities to develop a deep industry or product specialism.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm.
The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Central Mediterranean (Italy, Greece, Malta), Ireland, the Middle East (Bahrain, Cyprus, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Oman, Palestinian Ruled Territories, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen), the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,700 partners and over 50,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Please click 'Apply' to submit your application