Insurance Risk & Regulatory Advisory, Manager, Financial Services, London - Open to flexible working
EY's Financial Services practice is a unique industry-focused business unit that provides a broad range of integrated services to financial institutions and other capital markets participants, including commercial banks, investment banks, broker-dealers, asset managers, insurance and energy trading companies.
EY UK Insurance Risk & Reg team combined with the actuarial team is the largest in EMEIA and have a market leading position in risk management, supporting on many Solvency II and enterprise risk management engagements with large multinational clients.
The EY Enterprise Risk Services practice delivers sustainable benefits to our clients though enhancing business decisions using improved and effective risk management.
The opportunity – the CRO agenda is one that we seek to meet and is evidenced by our regular thought pieces in this area.
As risk management matures in the insurance industry and the challenges of Brexit are faced, there is an opportunity for leading consultancies to clearly articulate their vision for best-practice enterprise risk management and culture across the industry. This will range from organisational culture and design, enhancement of risk appetites, flow of information and risk identification, and how companies respond to information received. It is from here that companies can then be advised on specific elements of the framework in more detail, from modelling and managing specific risks to designing detailed management information – ultimately performing a full transformation programme for the client, using all of EY’s advisory services.
Our objective is to be market leading on the CRO agenda and the aim of this role is to build and deliver that market leadership in the area of Enterprise Risk Management.
Your key responsibilities
As a Manager within the Risk and Regulatory Advisory team in Insurance your typical engagements supported by our insurance professionals include:
- Design and review of end-to-end risk management frameworks
- Design and review of governance and organisational structure
- Support firms as they prepare for Brexit
- Risk management culture and effectiveness design and review
- Contribute to the articulation of EY findings, conclusions and recommendations in writing or verbally
- Support the analysis of emerging issues, the articulation of an EY point of view and the development of an EY proposition
- Responsible for engagement planning, management, and leading small teams in insurance engagements
- Lead EY work on-site on a day to day basis
- Support bids and proposals for new client opportunities and grow existing valued relationships
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support and updating senior members on progress
- Mentor staff and conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff
- We are looking for individuals who have a proactive attitude and are seeking the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Skills and attributes for success
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Typically, 5+ years’ experience of General and/or Life Insurance risk experience at a major insurer, broker or intermediary, PRA or another Advisory firm
- Knowledge and experience of risk management frameworks in insurance organisations
- Up to date knowledge of the regulatory environment impacting insurers
- Business consulting experience, with excellent client liaison and communication skills as well as commercial awareness
- Knowledge, or experience of supervisors activity on risk management related matters in insurance firms would be advantages
- Strong project management experience ideally relating to risk projects in insurance businesses
- Strong academic background at least a 2:1 within a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a business, actuarial or finance related degree
- Report writing and presentations skills
- Client management skills and ability to build and develop networks and relationships
- Experience of managing and developing people through effectively supervising, coaching, and mentoring will be required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills for report writing and client presentations
- Ability to work in a client facing and consulting role, with the ability to build networks and relationships
- There will be opportunity travel in these roles and to work across borders
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Robust presentation skills and professionalism
- Ability to prioritise and challenge
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance
Please note: Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world. We ask because it matters!