Senior Consultant - Talent - Strategy - People Advisory Services (UK&I) - Open to Flexible Working
Organisations are having to become much more adaptable to change as they face new workforce challenges as a result of globalisation, changing demographics, emerging technology, innovation and regulatory demands.
We believe the People Agenda is at the heart of successful change. EY People Advisory Services (PAS) help organisations to put humans at the centre of their transformation agenda enabling them to align culture and leadership to their purpose, develop necessary skillsets and mindsets, and build adaptability through continuous change and learning.
We are a global network with more than 11,000 employees in more than 130 countries, offering deep industry knowledge and experience to more than 2,000 corporate clients worldwide. Within the UK, we have over 330 consultants advising clients across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors on their most challenging workforce problems.
We are growing fast and looking for those, who share our values, believe in the importance of the people agenda and have experience in organisation and workforce transformation and transactions, change experience and learning, culture and leadership, digital HR, rewards and people mobility, to join us in PAS.
We’re now recruiting for a Senior Consultant who can demonstrate real impact across the Talent agenda development for our clients. We are looking for people who can build Talent service offerings, understand client needs, contribute to building Talent thought leadership, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS team to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build and develop their talent pool.
Your key responsibilities
In this role, your responsibilities will include core consulting and programme delivery across the Talent spectrum – key focus areas will include:
- Undertake talent transformation activities across the people lifecycle: attract, source, develop, reward and retain.
- Have a knowledge of the components of the talent framework and understands how each component relates to each other
- Leadership Development and use of a range of assessment tools
- Structure and manage projects and programmes to meet and exceed client expectations;
- Implement project management practices
- Execute project management across the full lifecycle of programmes
- Manage project delivery, budget, profitability and scope
- Recognise and manage risks and issues
- Represent your teams, workstreams and projects in relevant steering committees
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions.
- Contribute to the development of a culture service, engagement offering and people strategies
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
Successfully sell, design and deliver our talent development services across a broad range of industry sectors, with a focus on driving business performance. This includes:
- Supporting clients with strategic change by developing and/or updating their talent strategy
- Improving organisation effectiveness through by working with clients on key talent initiatives that deliver people and business value
- Organisation wide learning and change behaviours
- Employee engagement
Practice and People management:
- Identifies and discusses opportunities to delegate work to less experienced team members
- Provides learning opportunities for less experienced team members with agreement from Senior Managers/ Manager and reviews delegated work
- Provides timely, authentic and constructive feedback to colleagues and seeks feedback in return
- Assists with the integration, inclusion and wellbeing of team members
- Up to date with key technical and functional skills, and with industry, business skills & knowledge - and shares this expertise with others
- Encourages development of team members though formal and informal coaching
- Reinforces our values, through day to day behaviour and critique disrespectful behaviour
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, build client trust and demonstrate expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Apply pragmatism to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members, and is capable of motivating teams to maximise performance
- Be effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role, you must have
- Experienced management consultant / HR professional with relevant experience of talent transformation programmes and business change projects is essential. This can be within industry or as a consultant.
- Proven track record of delivering talent transformation or worked in a talent role
- A proven track record of shaping and assisting complex, high profile, profitable engagements/ in-house transformations which create value areas outlined above
- Demonstrated track record of building client relationships
- A proven track record of proactive stakeholder management.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- A primary degree and any post graduate degrees and professional qualifications are desirable but not critical e.g. CIPD, Occupational Psychology and certifications in psychometrics.
- Experience of working on projects gained working within a professional services firm, global consultancy firm and/or large private and/or public sector organisations
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for people who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for yours and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes assistance for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are dedicated to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So, when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.
Our People Advisory Services practice has over 10,000 practitioners operating within a globally integrated team, bringing their skills, insights and experience to support our clients.
Driven by our focused insight and innovation, PAS is best positioned to advise and influence our client’s activities at senior leadership level to respond to the scale and complexity of how and where our clients work globally, making us the trusted advisor of choice to our clients and creating more opportunities for our people. As a result, we’re continually seeking new markets, new perspectives and better ways to deliver value.
EY is dedicated to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark.