HR Manager (HR Operations CoE) - Part Time, 3 days per week
Responsible for providing a responsive and insightful service to Strategic Talent Consultants across service lines with particular emphasis on cyclical, BAU and project activities. This will include such activities as LEAD, Careerwatch, pay review, Talent Development programmes, promotions, D&I, listening tools and planned engagement projects and change and OD programmes, ensuring appropriate hand offs to the TSS and ensure delivery of effective processes for LEAD activities throughout the year. Provide effective support for any workforce planning activities such as, but not limited to, TUPE, redundancy, acquisitions, headcount management and change programmes.
Reporting line - HR Operations CoE Leader
Your key responsibilities:
- Manage portfolios across UK&I and UK FS SL’s including CBS, Executives, PAS, EMEIA CoEs and affiliated businesses not limited to EYP, Agility Works, Riverview Law, Seren, Breakthrough Funding, EY FrankHirth, to support cyclical HR activities where applicable such as LEAD cycles and HR related initiatives and projects
- Prepare and deliver, with the ER team, YE performance management briefings and Underperformance Webinars and support L&D with other webinars such as Effective Feedback
- Working with the Talent Analytics team to prepare standard presentation of LEAD results, split by SL/function on proportional promotions to deploy to relevant STC’s to review accordingly for Service lines
- Lead or support on Talent initiatives and enablement projects such as Core HR, flexible working, Talent development programs and related communications
- Ensure that all necessary activity relating to LEAD cyclical activity, year end and pay planning are delivered in the most professional and effective manner ensuring consistency across the region
- Fielding Non-standard queries: E.g. retention bonus negotiations and confirmation, out of policy exception, sickness exceptions, coming down from STC, out of cycle promotions etc
- Liaise with other Talent functions such as ER, D&I, Reward, Enablement, TA, TD etc to enable the business and SL to achieve business, programmes and initiative needs
- Drive automation and efficiencies seeking streamlining and digital solutions where possible
- Manage any emergent priorities such as Brexit, Covid with short notice reactive support
- Support STCs and the Organisation Change and OD Programme manager, with business critical projects such as TUPE’s, mergers and acquisitions and change management projects where capacity is required on critical deadlines such due diligence, consultation, announcement planning, employee data management and working with TSS/GDS to ensure accurate administration of programmes
Relationship management & Engagement requirements
- Engage with FS and UK&I STC’s on a regular basis to ensure business needs are met
- Ensure trusted relationships are built with Partners and Senior Managers across service lines
- Collaborate with the FS and UK&I STC’s to ensure workflow from service lines to the cross SL HRA’s is effectively managed
- Team with Organisation Change & OD Programme manager to ensure effective delivery of change projects
- Support and counsel HRA’s to deliver high quality services to the stakeholders providing relevant coaching and context to activity requests
- Proven strong Employee Relations experience of complex disciplinary, grievance and performance management activities. Knowledge of UK employee legislation
- Current knowledge of Diversity and Inclusiveness practices and thought leadership
- Experience of making a contribution to business decision making, strategic planning discussions and operational planning events
- Proven ability to influence at all levels in the organisation, preferably in a professional services environment
- Resilient, practical and a self-starter; comfortable with working on own and in teams
- Demonstrates ability to coach and advise partners/directors/senior managers
- Possesses leading edge knowledge of contemporary HR practices
- Ability to effectively manage, lead and deliver on Talent related Project activity or workstreams, working with multiple stakeholders, across different SLs
- Requires an experienced HR Manager with a proven track record of working in a complex matrix environment
- Professionally qualified. A post graduate qualification in a Business or Human Resource discipline is desirable
- Occasional travel will be required
What we offer
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
- Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
- Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
- Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
Prior to finalizing your application, you will be asked to provide personal information across several dimensions of diversity and inclusiveness. The information you provide is kept entirely confidential and will not be used to evaluate your candidacy. We collect this data to help us analyse our recruitment process holistically and implement actions that promote diversity and inclusiveness. While optional, we encourage you to provide this information to hold us accountable towards our goal of building a better working world.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.