Operations Administrators x 3
3 days left
- Contract Type
We are Cambridge University Press & Assessment, a world-leading academic publisher and assessment organisation, and a proud part of the University of Cambridge.
Our mission is to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning, and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Which is why every year, we give vital support to millions of people in more than 170 countries around the world. From teachers and learners to researchers and academics, we help to build confidence, unlock potential, and enable success. We give people the opportunity to show what they've learnt, we spread knowledge, spark enquiry, and aid understanding.
Fixed Term Contract, 12 months
Salary: ??20,360 - ??22,500
Location: The Triangle Building, Cambridge (currently working from home is expected, however, there is opportunity to work from the office if requested)
Cambridge International's Operations team has permanent role available for organised, efficient, proactive administrator to join a fast-paced operations environment providing world class operational support to our customers and qualifications.
Cambridge International prepares school students for life, helping them develop an informed curiosity and lasting passion for learning. We are part of Cambridge Assessment, a department of the University of Cambridge. Our international qualifications are recognised by the world's best universities and employers, giving students a wide range of options in their education and career.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we devote our resources to delivering high-quality educational programmes that can unlock learners' potential.
Cambridge International Operations is made up of several departments each responsible for key processes that ensure we can deliver qualifications securely and successfully to schools and students around the world.
- You will quickly develop a good working understanding of processes in the team you are placed with, and with training will take responsibility for the timely and accurate delivery of an agreed set of operational processes.
- You will process and analyse data accurately, respond to customer queries, investigate issues and perform quality checks where appropriate.
- You will establish collaborative working relationships with your colleagues, learning and sharing best practice together.
Attitudes and Skills:
- You are enthusiastic and proactive, with an aptitude for learning new skills and processes quickly and accurately.
- You are a strong team player, diplomatic, trustworthy, loyal, and pragmatic.
- You work effectively to meet deadlines.
- You are flexible, with a good attitude to change, particularly where deadlines may conflict or work may be required at short notice.
- You have a responsible 'can do' approach to work.
- You are well organised with an attention to detail.
- You have experience in repetitive tasks such as data entry.
- You display clear and concise written communication.
- You are a confident communicator over the phone and video calls.
- You are able to demonstrate the ability to prioritise effectively.
- You are a proficient user of Microsoft Office products (particularly Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Prior knowledge of our in-house operations system is an advantage, but full training will be given.
The key to our work is our colleagues, whose shared commitment enables us to have an ever-greater impact. We are a united, vibrant, and respectful global community of people, and we ensure that every individual is recognised, listened to, and cared for. And because our impact is amplified when our people are empowered, we give everyone the opportunity to develop in their own way. Whether you want a career that's linear, or want to follow your own path, we'll support you, and help give you the resources and training you'll need to be bold and take ownership of what you do.
The closing date for application is 26 September 2021 and interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 4 October 2021.
To apply, please visit our website.
Cambridge University Press & Assessment is committed to being a place where anyone can enjoy a successful career, where it's safe to speak up, and where we learn continuously to improve together. We welcome applications from all candidates, regardless of demographic characteristics (age, disability, educational attainment, ethnicity, gender, marital status, neurodiversity, religion, sex, and sexual identity), cultural, or social class/background.
We believe that diversity of thought, background, and approach create better outcomes. More importantly, fostering an inclusive culture is the right thing to do, and it's part of how we achieve our purpose: to contribute to society through the pursuit of education, learning and research at the highest international levels of excellence. Ensuring that anyone, no matter who they are, feels they belong here is an essential part of who we are and the contribution we make to society, and to our planet.