Modern Workplace Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's largest Digital, Retail and Commercial Bank with a focus on Helping Britain Prosper.
We're on the mission to build the bank of the future, and we need your help do it! Continuing our extensive transformation programme, we're redefining what a bank is from the inside out. Our technology, our culture, and our mind-set is changing to craft a true engineering-led organisation.
Our Engineering team is looking for Modern Workplace Engineers who understand what a modern workplace solution looks like, are motivated by challenging the status quo and have a track record for delivering disruptive change into organisations.
This is your opportunity to be part of transforming ways of working at Lloyds Banking Group.
We're responsible for technical change to the colleague services and strategic direction across:
- Azure core Security services
- Device, Application & Data Management
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- Process Automation
- Active Directory/Identity & Access Mgt
- Application & Desktop Virtualisation
- Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
What will you be doing?
As one of our Workplace Engineering Infrastructure Engineers you will develop the skills to design, develop and test infrastructure solutions for the whole of LBG. You'd be involved in the development of these solutions to drive real business benefit. You will be
- A technology disruptor - challenging the status quo and bringing a new way of thinking about technology change underpinned by modern principles
- Providing both technical guidance and demonstrating hands on technical expertise whilst designing, building, and implementing workplace technology solutions based on business requirements
- Operating in a fast-paced environment with the ability to work across different technologies and virtual teams simultaneously
- Working closely with and influencing vendors to align their products with LBG strategic goals
So, what about your personal skills?
You will develop skills in design and development of solutions using technology across the following areas:
- Developing, designing and testing enterprise solutions using Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Office 365 Productivity and Collaboration Tooling e.g. Teams, Power Platform and emerging technologies.
- A self-starter who takes ownership, collaborates with the vision to challenge conventional approaches, develop new cloud native capabilities not being constrained in how technology works today as part of your role will be defining the future
- Develop new solutions to meet business requirements where no solutions currently exist
- Experience in using scripting languages (e.g. PowerShell, Python) with enterprise solutions to investigate, build, design or test change
- Knowledge of modern security best practice including identity driven security, data-centric controls and zero trust
- Knowledge of traditional and modern virtualisation solutions and best practice including an awareness of deploying and managing cloud-hosted compute in Azure, Amazon Web Services or Google Cloud Platform
- Knowledge of industry Unified Endpoint Management technologies such as Google Workspace, AirWatch, JamF, Citrix and others.
We are also looking for a candidate with experience across some of these technologies:
Microsoft Endpoint Manager, Office 365, Teams, Azure Active Directory, AirWatch, JamF, Citrix, Google Workspace
Azure, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform,
Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Cloud App Security
So, if you have the Infrastructure experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
Together we make it possible.
***This role can be based out of our Edinburgh, Bristol, Halifax, Leeds or London hubs - we are mainly looking for the above skillsets. The broad base salary banding across the UK is from £50,000 to £79,000pa. Salaries in the London area will be reflected towards the upper end of this bracket***