Accounts Senior - Southampton - c.??36K Good Bens
4 days left
- Contract Type
Bond Williams Accounting & Finance are recruiting a Senior within the Business Outsourcing team of a large, well established accountancy firm that has provided tailored financial and professional services to private clients and their business interests. They are one of the largest independently owned investment managers in the UK in addition to being the country's eighth largest accounting firm. Their clients include individuals, families, entrepreneurs, charities, trustees, professional advisers and businesses and span the UK, Ireland and Jersey.
The Southampton office provides assurance and business services, personal taxation, business taxation, corporate finance and restructuring and recovery services primarily to SME corporates which are typically entrepreneurial owner-managed businesses but they also work with a number of not-for profit, pension and residential housing clients. Reporting to the Manager of Outsourcing Services you will have responsibility for accurate processing of clients' financial data and the preparation of annual financial accounts and associated outputs. This will include:
* Preparation of annual financial statements including statutory accounts and consolidated financial statement for group clients
* Interacting with clients over the telephone, email and occasional on- site visits
* Work closely with the audit and business tax teams to provide a seamless service to clients and ensure deadlines are met. Sharing ideas about how best to operate the accounts preparation process.
* Completing management and statutory accounts, including related services, and setting budgets - awareness of commercial aspects of clients' business and impact on our work.
* Arrangement of timetable, booking of staff, planning and completion of management accounts, statutory accounts, VAT returns and other related assignments.
* New Client Take On Procedures - assist with embedding new clients within the client and staff portfolio, including work schedules.
* Department Administration - monitoring of billing/lock-up and staffing levels.
* Training and development - monitoring of staff performance, carrying out appraisals and ensuring feedback given to staff on a timely basis. Ensuring appropriate in house and external training received personally.
* Review audited accounts prepared for the Audit team.
* Ensure work performed by members in your team is in accordance with the set processes and procedures
* Strong academic history.
* Qualified accountant (ACA, CA, ACCA) or qualified by experience.
* Significant experience of statutory accounts gained within a professional services environment.
* Experience of working with entrepreneurial, OMB and SME clients.
* Demonstrable working knowledge of accounting standards.
* Good working knowledge of skill requirements of staff at various levels to ensure work undertaken by appropriate individual.
* Strong communication skills to liaise with clients, Directors, Partners, staff and other professionals.
* Strong organisation & time management skills, together with attention to detail and good IT skills, particularly Sage, Quickbooks, Excel.
* Resilient, good team player.
In return you will receive good benefits including 5 weeks holiday, 35 hour week, enhanced pension, parking subsidy, salary sacrifice options to buy more holiday, dental and medical cover etc and in addition you can work remotely or operate a hybrid home/office pattern.
Bond Williams Professional Recruitment are an equal opportunity employer and operate as an Employment Business and Recruitment Agency