4 days left
- Contract Type
An ideal opportunity for a dynamic and progressive individual to join a company on a steep growth curve, and develop with the company as part of the senior team. An ideal opportunity for the right individual to significantly progress their career within a relatively short period of time.
Take full ownership of all day to day financial matters enabling the Managing Director to be free from the day to day financial issues. Can do attitude, delivery focussed, and a trusted safe pair of hands.
Liaison and also reporting to part-time Finance Director.
The company is growing rapidly in the construction sector, and intends to maintain this growth curve. Turnover has grown from ??3m to ??15m in the last 2 years.
As a result of the growth to date and future plans the company needs its processes and systems to be improved and made robust for the next stage of its evolution. The main purpose of the role will be to embed new software, reliable reporting, and own cash-flow. The initial deliverables of the role will be:
* Own cash-flow and cash management, putting in place first class systems and regular reporting to Managing Director (weekly, monthly, annual), whilst also managing the detail of weekly payment runs and prioritisation.
* Embed new accounting software.
* Implement and maintain first class and efficient financial processes.
* Put in place regular financial reporting, including a project by project monthly P&L.
* Raise the bar across the business in terms of interaction with Finance.
* Implement timesheet system with accurate posting, including App identification and roll out.
* Improve systems for management and processing of expenses and credit cards.
* Ensure Finance supports the business as it grows.
Having grown so rapidly, the company has suffered from not having the right quality in its Finance team, and there is much to be achieved in getting hold of day to day issues.
The ideal candidate will relish the opportunity to take over the day to day responsibilities of the Finance department, and put their mark on it.
Take ownership of one direct report, and relationships with all stakeholders in the business.
Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with minimum 2-3 years post qualification experience.
A self-starter with a relentless drive to improve core systems and reporting until they reach the high standards desired to give the platform for the future growth.
See support and development of the team as core to management style.
Great communications skills at all levels.
Ability to challenge senior management when necessary.
Ability to visualise and deliver a fundamental "raising of the bar" on how Finance supports the business.
Ability to identify commercial opportunities and work independently, or with the team, to deliver improvements to the bottom line.
Proven experience in managing and developing subordinates.
* Construction industry experience.
* SME experience.
* Working knowledge of Sage 50 and the efficient use thereof.
* Knowledge of "lean processes" or process improvement, and experience in delivering.
* Act as key day to day "right hand man" of the Managing Director by keeping on top of all financial issues and assuming ownership thereof.
* Management of one member of staff.
* Develop and document first class processes required to lay foundations for growth and support of the business.
* Ensure ledgers are reconciled and maintained to the highest standards.
* Preparation of Month End Management Accounts with meaningful and insightful narrative.
* Ownership of Profit & Loss and Cash Flow forecasting.
* Establish budgets, KPI's, and reporting against budget.
* Implement and maintain cost ledger reporting fit for the commercial needs of the business.
* Streamline and improve accounting systems and processes, and interfaces with other systems.
* Deliver reliable and timely reconciliation of all nominal ledger Balance Sheet accounts.
* Improve cost allocation accuracy and embed systems.
* Own monthly payroll process.
* Tax compliance (VAT, PAYE, P11D, and Construction Industry Scheme).
* All duties related to Finance, and other ad hoc duties as required