Legal Services Adviser, Part time 17.5 hours per week (Hybrid Working)
5 days left
- Contract Type
When meeting us, you’ll quickly find out we are united in our belief that the best thing about the ABI is the people
We’re hugely proud 100% of colleagues feel the ABI care about their health and wellbeing and 99% feel colleagues within their team respect each other. If that sounds like your kind of culture, read on to find out how you can join us.
We’re looking for a part-time Legal Services Adviser to join us. You’ll be responsible for supporting the ABI’s Legal Team in co-ordinating the ABI’s legal activities, including managing the ABI’s own legal risk, reviewing contracts and providing legal input and support to ABI policy work. As a guide this role is at the level of 2+ years’ post qualification experience (or equivalent).
Please note this is a part time role working 2.5 days/17.5 hours per week. We are open to a discussion on preferred working pattern, however, we would like there not to be more than a 1.5 day gap between working days e.g. Monday, Wednesday, Friday morning.
What’s the job?
- Drawing up, reviewing and advising colleagues on contracts between the ABI and third parties, with oversight from the Assistant Director, Head of Legal Services.
- Co-ordinating, drafting and producing content for the ABI’s Legal Newsletter.
- Ensuring the smooth running and co-ordination of the ABI General Counsel Steering Group.
- Providing expert advice and guidance to ABI policy colleagues on ongoing legal and regulatory issues.
- Ensuring the legal risks of the ABI are effectively managed and mitigated; in particular, through the consistent implementation of the ABI’s competition compliance processes.
- Developing and providing training to ABI colleagues on internal compliance policies and legal issues.
- Responding to legal queries raised by ABI Members and their legal counsel.
- Managing ad hoc legal projects and providing legal expertise for ad hoc and cross organisational policy projects.
What skills do you need?
- Legal expertise – you’ve worked as a commercial lawyer and have experience drawing up, reviewing and advising on contracts.
- Trustworthy and able to build credibility – you can quickly establish yourself as a trusted partner and source of expert legal advice among your colleagues and relevant external stakeholders. You’re also willing to respectfully challenge others when you need to.
- A team player - we work in a collaborative and open plan environment, so you’ll need to build positive and constructive relationships with internal stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills – you communicate effectively and can adapt your style to work with a range of stakeholders and personalities.
- Incredible attention to detail – you pick up on things in contracts your colleagues don’t spot and identify why they’re important to consider.
While not essential, ideally you will have some experience/knowledge of the insurance industry.
Throughout the interview and assessment process, we will be looking for you to demonstrate the ABI’s values; We are Brave; We take Ownership; We are Appreciative; We are Human and We are Curious.
At the ABI, we feel empowered to bring our whole self to work without fear of judgement and embrace all our differences as every voice matters.
How can I apply?
For further information and to submit your application please click 'Apply'.
The deadline for applications is 11:59pm on 27th September 2021.