Principal Scientist - Clinical Research, Homeworking
As Principal Clinical Research Scientist within Consumer Healthcare, you will support the delivery of clinical development excellence of clinical studies and other clinical evidence gathering activities conducted by GSK Consumer Healthcare in line with specific category project strategies.
This role will provide support to cross-functional global category and sub-category teams on clinical research, new opportunities and R&D strategies. The role will require significant interaction with a number of internal teams including; Category and Regional Medical Affairs, Clinical Operations, Statistics & Data Management as well as external groups, Clinical Research Organizations and Health Care Practitioners to help achieve company objectives and to build GSK reputation.
- Provide scientific and technical input to category/sub-category clinical development plans
- Responsible for the design, implementation, reporting, interpretation, disclosure and publication of clinical studies detailed in research programs supporting consumer
- With support from Category Clinical Research Directors and Senior Director Clinical Research design fit-for-purpose clinical strategies and other clinical evidence generation strategies to support the business
- Support publications to ensure that they are scientifically robust from a medical and scientific standpoint
- Implement novel research methodologies in line with ICH GCP, where appropriate, to generate clinical evidence for impactful claims in support of successful product launches, brand positioning and messaging
- healthcare/category products and to ensure these follow external e.g. GCP, internal Medical Governance and other internal policy requirements
- Responsible for contributing clinical content to regulatory submissions and other regulatory engagements for clinical research activities
- Work closely with the pre-clinical team to ensure pre-requisite data are available to progress clinical activities
- Responsible for supporting clinical/medical due diligence for external opportunities from a clinical research point of view
- Keep up to date with relevant therapeutic/ scientific literature and provide clinical expertise to facilitate preparation of clinical development and therapeutic strategies for all categories
- Collaborate and co-ordinate with other groups both internal and external to ensure that research is executed as designed, on time and within budget
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline such as medical or clinical science
- Experience in the Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry, consumer healthcare experience being preferred
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record of delivering clinical development programs/clinical studies/clinical evidence gathering activities such as Real World Evidence
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- PhD (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline
- Experience within Oral Health, Wellness, Pain relief or Respiratory health
- Demonstrated experience representing an organization with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated competent business acumen
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Strong computer literacy including competency in Microsoft Office software
Why Consumer Healthcare?
In GSK Consumer Healthcare, we are on an incredible journey as we prepare to create a new, standalone, world leading company with a 100% single-minded focus on everyday health. We are doing this at a time when the work we do has never mattered more. With the COVID pandemic, people are increasingly looking for ways to manage their own health and wellbeing and to take care of their families. This is where we come in. With category leading brands such as Sensodyne, Voltaren and Centrum, built on trusted science and human understanding, and combined with our passion, knowledge and expertise, we are uniquely placed to deliver better everyday health to millions of people around the world and grow a strong, successful business. This is an opportunity to be part of something special.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.