Clinical Research Director Pain, Homeworking
Are you energized by a global leadership role that requires strategic thinking and extensive internal and external engagement? If so, this Clinical Research Director – Pain role could be an exciting opportunity to explore.
As the Director of Clinical Research - Pain, you will deliver medical/scientific excellence and dynamic leadership of clinical studies and other clinical evidence gathering activities conducted by GSK Consumer Healthcare in line with specific category/ sub-category project strategies.
It is a great opportunity to be involved in the following areas:
- Responsible for clinical development leadership within the Pain category/sub-category teams ensuring that the study programs are aligned, and support category innovation strategies approved by senior management.
- Work closely with the Senior Director, Clinical Research to adopt and implement novel research methodologies in line with ICH GCP, where appropriate, to generate clinical evidence for impactful claims in support of successful product launches, brand positioning and messaging.
- Overall responsibility for the design, implementation, reporting, interpretation, disclosure and publication of clinical studies detailed in research programs supporting consumer healthcare/category products and to ensure these are in compliance with external e.g. GCP, internal Medical Governance and other internal policy requirements.
- Deliver expert technical knowledge and leadership to the business in clinical development activities helping to ensure best practice and achievements of business objectives based on science and values.
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Extensive experience of clinical research in the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry, preferably in a Consumer Healthcare / FMCH / Pharmaceutical business with international experience. Consumer Health care experience is greatly preferred.
- Previous experience within Pain relief therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated experience and proven track record of delivering clinical development programs/clinical studies/clinical evidence gathering activities
- Demonstrated experience representing an organization with external stakeholders
- Demonstrated competent business acumen
- Line manager experience
At GSK, we're a company with a special purpose, to help people do more feel better and live longer. Realising our purpose starts with us. When we feel at our best, we perform at our best.
When you set out on your adventure at GSK, we make a deal. You commit to living GSK's values and expectations and performing against our Innovation, Performance and Trust priorities. And in return, GSK commits to providing the right environment for you to thrive. Put simply, it’s about you being motivated to do your best work, in a place where you can be you, feel good and keep growing.
Together we build an environment where we can all thrive and focus on what matters most to each of us. It is only through the energy, dedication, drive and passion of all of us that we can be the very best for GSK, and importantly, for our patients and consumers.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
As a company driven by our values of Patient focus, Transparency, Respect and Integrity, we know inclusion and diversity are essential for us to be able to succeed. We want all our colleagues to thrive at GSK bringing their unique experiences, ensuring they feel good and to keep growing their careers. As a candidate for a role, we want you to feel the same way.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.